Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Thursday, August 3, 2006  -  12:00 PM Reply with quote
dancing

can someone tell me why is dancing not permissable? what if someone dances as form of exercise in the privacy of their own home? or in the company of just women?
please can someone give me the ruling on this.
thank you
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Thursday, August 3, 2006  -  6:10 PM Reply with quote
Sister, who told you that dancing is not permissible? I think you only have to keep in mind the modesty in your dancing. History is the witness that all cultures have some sort of dance which they display on the happy or trimphant occasions, whether it being a cultural event, a wedding, or the celebration of a victory in a war.
One should be careful not to make such moves which emphasize certain body parts. In my opinion, shariah does not stop you to dance in the privacy of your home or among women.
May Allah guide us.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 4, 2006  -  7:05 AM Reply with quote
Dear Sister Sahira, Sister Sobi is Right.
Zulfee

USA
Posted - Friday, August 4, 2006  -  9:56 AM Reply with quote
NO PROSTITUTE-ISM…………
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 4, 2006  -  12:11 PM Reply with quote
salaam and thank you sobi and brother ibrahim but my question is this in order to dance you listen to music and music is not permitted because of instruments and vulgarity in lyrics is this true.
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Friday, August 4, 2006  -  6:59 PM Reply with quote
Well here you go sister. Half of the answer is in your question,"Vulgarity in Layrics". No where in Quran, we find any directive which prohibits music or instruments. Rather, Quran tells us that Prophet David (Dauod) would sing Psalms on his harp. And all the creatures including birds would stop and listen to God's Words in Prophet David's melodious voice. I am sorry i don't have a copy of Quran right now with me or i would have given you the exact verse and chapter.
The Hadith which shows Prophet's(pbuh) dislikeness for music actually indicates the use of alcohol and gambling in such events or parties. And i am sure you have heard that famous narration where on one Eid day, some women singers came and started singing infront of the beloved Prophet (pbuh) and AbuBakar (may allah be pleased with him) tried to stop from singing infront of Prophet (pbuh), Prophet asked AbuBakar to let them sing because it was eid. And how little girls welcomed our beloved Prophet in Medinda by singing and playing on daff. Please search "Music" on this website as it has been discussed in detail and you may find more material on it in that forum.
As of "Instruments", some scholars allow only certain kind of instruments like "Daff" or may be " Harp". To this, i can only say that as humans has moved on from horses and camels to cars,plans and ships, as they have moved on from hand fans to electric fans and airconditionion units, from a letter sent by a messenger on horse which took several months to a phone call, emails and text messaging which takes an eye blink to reach, similarly they have moved on from harp and daff to modern music instruments.
Allah has put an aesthic sense in human beings and doesn't stop us to satisfy our this very sense/need as long as we do so in the right way and don't indulge ourselves in actions which lead on to sinful acts.
May Allah guide us.
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 4, 2006  -  8:08 PM Reply with quote
thank you sobi for your reply
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 5, 2006  -  5:37 AM Reply with quote
Frankly speaking, I also like hearing music and even singing too.But to know that singing and dancing permissable or not, we should ask from the people who have good knowledge of Quran and Sunnah beside this forum.

Then We placed you on the right road of Our Command so follow it. Do not follow the whims and desires of those who do not know." (45:18)
iftikharaslam

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Sunday, August 6, 2006  -  8:22 PM Reply with quote
DEAR MODERATERS WHY U PEOPLE R TRYING 2 MISGUIDE THE INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE ADEQUATE KNOWLEDGE. AND I ASK SAHIRA AND SOBI 2 GO AND BUY SOME BOOKS WRITTEN BY AUTHENTIC ISLAMIC SCHOLERS LIKE MUFTI TAQI USMANI. I KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE R PRESENTING APPEALS OUR NAFS AND THE EVIL CIRCULATING IN OUR BLOOD =RIND KAY RIND RAHAY, HATH SAY JANNAT NA GAEE=
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, August 7, 2006  -  12:04 AM Reply with quote
how am i misguiding people iftikaralsam did i ask you to start dancing you need to think before you speak instead of jumping in. i asked a question and i think on this forum you are allowed that.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 7, 2006  -  7:51 AM Reply with quote
U asked about MUSIC so keep in mind that MUSIC is NOT Haraam in general. When any Haram thing will be Found it only That type of Music will be haram.
iftikharaslam

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Monday, August 7, 2006  -  2:59 PM Reply with quote
u people r not following deen-e-islam. u r following ur desires.
Nida_e_Khair

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 7, 2006  -  3:26 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Frankly speaking, I also like hearing music and even singing too.But to know that singing and dancing permissable or not, we should ask from the people who have good knowledge of Quran and Sunnah beside this forum.

Then We placed you on the right road of Our Command so follow it. Do not follow the whims and desires of those who do not know." (45:18)

I totally agree with Brother usmani. In fact, I also partly agree with iftikhar. He says that the moderators are following their whims and desires; well, that's the only statement I'll disagree with. I know that these people are doing what they think to be right and we don't know their intentions. But I do agree that this site is too liberal. I mean, I got a shock when it informed me that it's not compulsory for women to cover their heads. And now it's their statement about music that shocks me. I think we need to turn to more knowledgeable scholars and stronger opinions.
iftikharaslam

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Monday, August 7, 2006  -  3:46 PM Reply with quote
THAX A LOT NIDA-E-KHAIR
iftikharaslam

SAUDI ARABIA
Posted - Monday, August 7, 2006  -  6:46 PM Reply with quote
quote:

how am i misguiding people iftikaralsam did i ask you to start dancing you need to think before you speak instead of jumping in. i asked a question and i think on this forum you are allowed that.
I M SORRY SISTER SAHIRA. I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE EMOTIONAL ON SUCH ISSUES. THESE ISSUES HAVE BEEN WELL KNOWN SINCE CENTURIES 2 ALL THE UMMA, AS A PRACTICAL CONCENSUS WHICH IS THE DEFINITION OF SUNNAH IN WORDS OF PEOPLE OPERATING THIS SITE.IN OTHER WORDS SINCE CENTURIES THIS HAS BEEN THE AMAL-E-TAWATUR OF ALL MUSLIM UMMA THAT THEY KNOW AND BELIEVE THAT MUSIC IS HARAM.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 8, 2006  -  4:57 AM Reply with quote
Quote of sister Sahira:-how am i misguiding people iftikaralsam.

Sister brother iftikharaslam did not say to you.Pls. read his post once again.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker