Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Topic initiated on Monday, July 24, 2006  -  11:17 AM Reply with quote
ISRAEL --how and why??!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty amazing

15 millions Jews are 100 times more powerful than 1.3 billion Muslims.

Jews control America and Europe.
They have control over all the big organizations.
They control almost entire media.

If they are so smart then why can’t they make peace in Middle East?
Why are they attacking Lebanon and increasing hatred?

How did they become so smart?

Is it just because of luck?
What is the secret of their success?

I think luck played a big rule in making them successful otherwise why can’t they have good relationship with their neighbors?

1000 years back Muslims use to rule the world then White people started ruling the world and now Jews rule the world. In their peak time one thing was/is common among all of the above groups that they were/are more educated than rest of the world.

What do you people think?

I am trying to understand 2 things

1. Why are Jews so powerful?

2. If they are smart then why can’t they live peacefully with their neighbours?
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, July 24, 2006  -  3:03 PM Reply with quote
First of all Jews do not control America - this is a common belief of many Muslims. It is true that America supports them, and they have a strong influence and strong lobby in the government, but they do not rule this country.

The question should be instead that why is America such a friend of Israel?

This article explains it a bit:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5193092.stm

In short it says many Christians believe that Jews must be allowed to rule Israel and Palestine region for the prophecy of the anti-Christ and Christ's comming back.

Quite frankly I think the Christians are idiots if they think like this. They are easily conned by the Jews. And Muslims are powerless and desperate, as they are under attack and they cannot make powerful friends like the Jews did.

The zionists have shown their true nature over and over. Here are the latest pictures of the destruction of civilians, their properties and infrastructure:

http://album.demha.com/suffering/Lebanon/

And they call it fight against terrorism!

The problem is Muslims are fighting back the same way - by attacking their civilians, women and children. They fire missiles into Israeli cities. This is not the way taught to us by our prophet. If the Zionists are bad because they kill civilians, then how are the Hizbollah any better?

I see both sides are just as bad, only one is stronger.

May Allah have mercy on humanity, even though we do not deserve any.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:35 AM Reply with quote
Why are Jews so powerful?

By: Dr Farrukh Saleem

Taken from a website: http://www.americancongressfortruth.com

There are only 14 million Jews in the world; seven million in the Americas, five million in Asia, two million in Europe and 100,000 in Africa. For every single Jew in the world there are 100 Muslims. Yet, Jews are more than a hundred times more powerful than all the Muslims put together. Ever wondered why?

Jesus of Nazareth was Jewish. Albert Einstein, the most influential scientist of all time and TIME magazine's 'Person of the Century', was a Jew. Sigmund Freud -- id, ego, superego -- the father of psychoanalysis was a Jew. So were Karl Marx, Paul Samuelson and Milton Friedman.

Here are a few other Jews whose intellectual output has enriched the whole humanity: Benjamin Rubin gave humanity the vaccinating needle. Jonas Salk developed the first polio vaccine. Alert Sabin developed the improved live polio vaccine. Gertrude Elion gave us a leukaemia fighting drug. Baruch Blumberg developed the vaccination for Hepatitis B. Paul Ehrlich discovered a treatment for syphilis (a sexually transmitted disease). Elie Metchnikoff won a Nobel Prize in infectious diseases.

Bernard Katz won a Nobel Prize in neuromuscular transmission. Andrew Schally won a Nobel in endocrinology (disorders of the endocrine system; diabetes, hyperthyroidism). Aaron Beck founded Cognitive Therapy (psychotherapy to treat mental disorders, depression and phobias). Gregory Pincus developed the first oral contraceptive pill. George Wald won a Nobel for furthering our understanding of the human eye. Stanley Cohen won a Nobel in embryology (study of embryos and their development). Willem Kolff came up with the kidney dialysis machine.

Over the past 105 years, 14 million Jews have won 15-dozen Nobel Prizes while only three Nobel Prizes have been won by 1.4 billion Muslims (other than Peace Prizes).

Why are Jews so powerful?

Stanley Mezor invented the first micro-processing chip. Leo Szilard developed the first nuclear chain reactor. Peter Schultz, optical fibre cable; Charles Adler, traffic lights; Benno Strauss, Stainless steel; Isador Kisee, sound movies; Emile Berliner, telephone microphone and Charles Ginsburg, videotape recorder.

Famous financiers in the business world who belong to Jewish faith include Ralph Lauren (Polo), Levis Strauss (Levi's Jeans), Howard Schultz (Starbuck's), Sergey Brin (Google), Michael Dell (Dell Computers), Larry Ellison (Oracle), Donna Karan (DKNY), Irv Robbins (Baskins & Robbins) and Bill Rosenberg (Dunkin Donuts).
Richard Levin, President of Yale University, is a Jew. So are Henry Kissinger (American secretary of state), Alan Greenspan (fed chairman under Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush), Joseph Lieberman, Madeleine Albright (American secretary of state), Casper Weinberger (American secretary of defence), Maxim Litvinov (USSR foreign Minister), David Marshal (Singapore's first chief minister), Issac Isaacs (governor-general of Australia), Benjamin Disraeli (British statesman and author), Yevgeny Primakov (Russian PM), Barry Goldwater, Jorge Sampaio (president of Portugal), John Deutsch (CIA director), Herb Gray (Canadian deputy PM), Pierre Mendes (French PM), Michael Howard (British home secretary), Bruno Kreisky (chancellor of Austria) and Robert Rubin (American secretary of treasury)
In the media, famous Jews include Wolf Blitzer (CNN), Barbara Walters (ABC News), Eugene Meyer (Washington Post), Henry Grunwald (editor-in-chief Time), Katherine Graham (publisher of The Washington Post), Joseph Lelyyeld (Executive editor, The New York Times), and Max Frankel (New York Times).

Can you name the most beneficent philanthropist in the history of the world? The name is George Soros, a Jew, who has so far donated a colossal $4 billion most of which has gone as aid to scientists and universities around the world. Second to George Soros is Walter Annenberg, another Jew, who has built a hundred libraries by donating an estimated $2 billion.

At the Olympics, Mark Spitz set a record of sorts by wining seven gold medals. Lenny Krayzelburg is a three-time Olympic gold medalist. Spitz, Krayzelburg and Boris Becker are all Jewish.

Did you know that Harrison Ford, George Burns, Tony Curtis, Charles Bronson, Sandra Bullock, Billy Crystal, Woody Allen, Paul Newman, Peter Sellers, Dustin Hoffman, Michael Douglas, Ben Kingsley, Kirk Douglas, Goldie Hawn, Cary Grant, William Shatner, Jerry Lewis and Peter Falk are all Jewish? As a matter of fact, Hollywood itself was founded by a Jew. Among directors and producers, Steven Spielberg, Mel Brooks, Oliver Stone, Aaron Spelling (Beverly Hills 90210), Neil Simon (The Odd Couple), Andrew Vaina (Rambo 1/2/3), Michael Man (Starsky and Hutch), Milos Forman (One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest), Douglas Fairbanks (The thief of Baghdad) and Ivan Reitman (Ghostbusters) are all Jewish.

To be certain, Washington is the capital that matters and in Washington the lobby that matters is The American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC. Washington knows that if PM Ehud Olmert were to discover that the earth is flat, AIPAC will make the 109th Congress pass a resolution congratulating Olmert on his discovery.

William James Sidis, with an IQ of 250-300, is the brightest human who ever existed. Guess what faith did he belong to?

So, why are Jews so powerful? Answer: Education.

The writer is an Islamabad-based freelance columnist
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, July 25, 2006  -  8:40 AM Reply with quote
Why are Muslims powerless?
http://www.jang.com.pk/thenews/nov2005-daily/08-11-2005/oped/o6.htm

Dr Farrukh Saleem (The NEWS,Karachi)

There are an estimated 1,476,233,470 Muslims on the face of the planet: one billion in Asia, 400 million in Africa, 44 million in Europe and six million in the Americas. Every fifth human being is a Muslim; for every single Hindu there are two Muslims, for every Buddhist there are two Muslims and for every Jew there are one hundred Muslims. Ever wondered why Muslims are so powerless?

Here is why: There are 57 member-countries of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC), and all of them put together have around 500 universities; one university for every three million Muslims. The United States has 5,758 universities and India has 8,407. In 2004, Shanghai Jiao Tong University compiled an 'Academic Ranking of World Universities', and intriguingly, not one university from Muslim-majority states was in the top-500.

As per data collected by the UNDP, literacy in the Christian world stands at nearly 90 per cent and 15 Christian-majority states have a literacy rate of 100 per cent. A Muslim-majority state, as a sharp contrast, has an average literacy rate of around 40 per cent and there is no Muslim-majority state with a literacy rate of 100 per cent. Some 98 per cent of the 'literates' in the Christian world had completed primary school, while less than 50 per cent of the 'literates' in the Muslim world did the same. Around 40 per cent of the 'literates' in the Christian world attended university while no more than two per cent of the 'literates' in the Muslim world did the same.

Muslim-majority countries have 230 scientists per one million Muslims. The US has 4,000 scientists per million and Japan has 5,000 per million. In the entire Arab world, the total number of full-time researchers is 35,000 and there are only 50 technicians per one million Arabs (in the Christian world there are up to 1,000 technicians per one million). Furthermore, the Muslim world spends 0.2 per cent of its GDP on research and development, while the Christian world spends around five per cent of its GDP.

Conclusion: The Muslim world lacks the capacity to produce knowledge.

Daily newspapers per 1,000 people and number of book titles per million are two indicators of whether knowledge is being diffused in a society. In Pakistan, there are 23 daily newspapers per 1,000 Pakistanis while the same ratio in Singapore is 360. In the UK, the number of book titles per million stands at 2,000 while the same in Egypt is 20.

Conclusion: The Muslim world is failing to diffuse knowledge.

Exports of high technology products as a percentage of total exports are an important indicator of knowledge application. Pakistan's exports of high technology products as a percentage of total exports stands at one per cent. The same for Saudi Arabia is 0.3 per cent; Kuwait, Morocco, and Algeria are all at 0.3 per cent while Singapore is at 58 per cent. Conclusion: The Muslim world is failing to apply knowledge.

Why are Muslims powerless? Because we aren't producing knowledge.

Why are Muslims powerless? Because we aren't diffusing knowledge.

Why are Muslims powerless? Because we aren't applying knowledge. And, the future belongs to knowledge-based societies.

Interestingly, the combined annual GDP of 57 OIC-countries is under $2 trillion. America, just by herself, produces goods and services worth $12 trillion; China $8 trillion, Japan $3.8 trillion and Germany $2.4 trillion (purchasing power parity basis).

Oil rich Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Qatar collectively produce goods and services (mostly oil) worth $500 billion; Spain alone produces goods and services worth over $1 trillion, Catholic Poland $489 billion and Buddhist Thailand $545 billion (Muslim GDP as a percentage of world GDP is fast declining).

So, why are Muslims so powerless? Answer: Lack of education.

The writer is an Islamabad-based freelance columnist

Email: farrukh15@hotmail.com
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, July 31, 2006  -  2:27 AM Reply with quote
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

QUOTE: - If they are so smart then why can’t they make peace in Middle East? Why are they attacking Lebanon and increasing hatred?

Because I think that, basically, their every strategy is Anti- Muslim.

Why have they Anti- Muslim strategies? There seems to be some understandable reasons if we have a look on their following brief history.

Prophet Ibrahim (pbuh) has two sons, Prophet Ismail (pbuh)- elder and Prophet Isaaq (pbuh)- younger. Here there is division of the two families, which are as the following.

1. Prophet Yaqub (pbuh) is the son of Prophet Isaaq (pbuh) to which name Bani Israeel is attributed and almost all the messengers of Allah except Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) were through this family. Before Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) this nation was a sacred one having three books and all the blessings of Allah on them, like some kingdom and they were proud of it. Their “Qibla” was “Masjid-al-Aqsa (Palestine)”

2. Prophet Ismail (pbuh) is the second family from which only Holy Prophet; Muhammad (peace be upon him) was born after a long period and who suspended all the books and orders valid at that time and started his own Sharia with order of Allah i.e. Quran and Ahadith. He also changed the “Qibla”, by the order of Allah from “Masjid-ul-Aqsa (Palestine)” to “Masjid-al-Haram (Makkah)”

God Says: Say: I do not control for myself any harm, or any benefit except what Allah pleases; EVERY NATION HAS A TERM; when their term comes, they shall not then remain behind for an hour, nor can they go before (their time) (10: 49).

Reason of the Anti- Muslim strategies of Israelis seems to be their all privileges, orders, books and even “Qibla” being suspended and Holy Prophet; Muhammad (peace be upon him), Quran and Sunnah being superior to all their messengers, books and every aspect and similarly Muslim Ummah being best of the others (3: 110).

So there is a sort of frustration present in the Israelis. It is said that, in general, frustrated people do more work hard to compensate their frustration and, on contrary, Muslims, being the best nation (3: 110) seem to be much more overconfident. Because of this overconfidence, much belief in the role of the lucks and the much belief in the preordainment of every matter, there seems to be some element of laziness in their lives, which becomes the obstacles in the ways of their progress. Some Muslims are so overconfident that they say that they will surely go to paradise. We must also know that after saying, “You are the best of the nations raised up”, in the end of the verse (3: 110) God says, “and most of them are transgressors”

Of course, God knows the best!

QUOTE: - Regarding the role of lucks (mentioned by someone somewhere in this forum):

Once someone asked Hazrat Ali (Ra) (The fourth caliph), “What is about the outcomes or fates of our hard works, in general?” Hazrat Ali (Ra) replied, “Three Fourths”, and gave the example of a horse, which can lift his three legs simultaneously but not the fourth one. This three fourth is our hard work and one fourth is the will of God, which can be achieved by our sincerities and the best intentions. The main factor is in the three fourth (hard work) for which we have been ordered strictly and God, who is the Beneficent and the Merciful, is ready every time to bestow upon us the remaining one fourth.

The fruits of hard works are regardless of the, races, nations or the religions because God is Rubb-al-Aalameen NOT Rubb-al-Muslemeen.

QUOTE: - What do you people think?
I am trying to understand 2 things
1. Why are Jews so powerful?
2. If they are smart then why can’t they live peacefully with their neighbours?

I want to add a third point- “If they are smart then why there is NO woman president, I think, throughout their history?”

QUOTE: - So, why are Jews so powerful? Answer: Education.
So, why are Muslims so powerless? Answer: Lack of education.

It is a fact that EDUCATION is essential to progress regardless of the race, nation or the religion.
*So, are the Muslims of today ready to accept a Muslim as an EDUCATED (not ignorant) one who is an expert of ones field but knows nothing or very little about Islam???

Wassalaam with the saying of God:

You who believe! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; THEY ARE FRIENDS OF EACH OTHER; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people (5: 51)
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, July 31, 2006  -  3:24 PM Reply with quote
YUSUFALI: It may be that Allah will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For Allah has power (over all things); And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
YUSUFALI: Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
YUSUFALI: Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

so we should be careful and be objective while dealing with others .
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, August 1, 2006  -  2:29 PM Reply with quote
I have updated my pictures album with pictures from Lebanon

http://album.demha.com/suffering/Lebanon/
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, August 5, 2006  -  8:32 AM Reply with quote
Here is one pic of an intellectual muslim women(??),we all need to see.
-----------------------------
I'm the one who defines myself as a Muslim
Perspective is something that is sorely lacking in a society so ready to vilify an entire religion it knows precious little about.

TASNEEM JAMAL -
Thursday, June 8, 2006

Recent articles in The Globe and Mail and elsewhere imply that Islam is inherently violent.

It must be, they insist, because some Muslims carry out violence in its name.

I'm not going to defend Islam. It needs no defending. A religion that is 1,300 years old and practised by some two billion people has withstood greater foes than opinionated scribes.

In any event, I'm not interested in engaging in battles, which I suspect might surprise some, since I am a Muslim.

Many Canadians, I fear, believe they know a Muslim when they see one. Muslims have names like Mohammed, they have Taliban-like beards and their women are draped in burkas.

I am a Muslim woman but I am not shrouded in mystery or yards of fabric. Like many Muslims who quietly go about living their lives, I'm simply trying to ensure that the world my child lives in is safe and kind, that I have a roof over my head and food on the table and some fun once in a while.

Many Muslims like myself live and work next to many unsuspecting Canadians.

As a matter of fact, I work on The Globe and Mail's news desk. (I'm one of those invisible hands that catches typos and writes headlines and lays out pages.)

I don't pull out my prayer mat at work. I don't own one.

I don't pray five times a day. My relationship with my creator, with my faith, is personal and private.

Like many Christians and Jews and Hindus, I go to my place of worship for funerals, weddings and the big holidays.

But like many Christians and Jews and Hindus who also only occasionally practise their faith, I believe I have the right to call myself a Muslim, not a moderate Muslim or a good Muslim, just a Muslim.

It is a part of who I am, a part of what I come from.

It does not define me, just as my race does not define me.

It is my religion. That's all.

I don't wear a burka. No one in the history of my family ever has.

No women in my family wear hijab.

None of the men have Taliban-like beards. All of the young men, in fact, are clean-shaven in the fashion of most young Canadian men. Some have names like Mohammed; many don't.

My family, like the majority of Muslims, is not Arab. It is not even Middle Eastern. And our names reflect this fact.

Like most members of my family, including my parents, I drink alcohol. (My father couldn't imagine inviting someone to his home without finding out beforehand what his or her tipple is.) I go to bars.

I wear my hair short, as my mother has most of her life. I wear bikinis and tank tops and short skirts, as my mother did in her time.

We are not heretics. We are Muslims.

I live with a man, a non-Muslim man, out of wedlock. We recently had a child together. My parents and my community did not disown me as a result. In fact, only days ago my child had a bayat ceremony, a baptismal-like entry into Islam.

Her father and I wanted to give her a gift, not a Koran or future lessons in Arabic (I don't know Arabic), but a much greater gift: perspective.

Because she will grow up in a predominantly Judeo-Christian society, we want her to know there are different, not better or worse, but different ways of looking at the world, different ways of expressing its spirit and its beauty.

Perspective is something that is sorely lacking in a society so ready to vilify an entire religion it knows precious little about.

Not all Muslim women are oppressed; not all Muslim men have beards; not all Muslims go to Mecca once in their lives; and not all Muslims are violent. How absurd to have to state this.

But because of the gross vacuum of knowledge about Islam in this country (as some writers unwittingly proved in their written assaults on Islam), it must be stated, and stated often.

Neither a Globe and Mail columnist nor the Taliban nor Osama bin Laden gets to define what a Muslim is. As a Muslim, I get to define it for myself.

This is not a battle cry. It is my truth.

Tasneem Jamal is an editor at The Globe and Mail.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, August 12, 2006  -  8:02 PM Reply with quote
Salam,

Smartness has nothing to do with peace,if a person is smart it doesnot mean that he will make peace in the re8gion, it depends on once intentions, if your intention is clean and pure then you will definitely think of establishing peace irrespective of w8hether he is smart or not.
No doubt jews are smart and superintelligent and their smartness ca8n be judged from their acheivments.
They are holding the banks, the European Economy was redesigned and r8estructured by them?
They are holding the media and they have the best millitary equipment in the world.
Internet was invented by a Jew and most of the prizes in arts,cultural and music competition were won by jews.

Most of the Jews that you see in Isreal ar8e desendents of BANI ISREAL.

Unfortunatley muslims have done thing for the past 3 or 4 centuries except for criticising each other and ignoring worldly education.

in our madrassess, molvees only concentrate on ratafication of Qur'an but do they even understand what they are reading.It is just like reading english frequently and you donot know what you8 are reading.

REGARDS,
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, August 13, 2006  -  9:21 AM Reply with quote
An open letter to the Jewish people

We sent down the Torah containing guidance and light, and the prophets who had submitted themselves gave judgment by it for the Jews—as did their scholars and their rabbis—by what they had been allowed to preserve of God’s Book to which they were witnesses. Do not be afraid of people, be afraid of Me. And do not sell My signs for a paltry price. Those who do not judge by what God has sent down, such people are unbelievers. (Quran, Surat al- Ma’ida, 44)

By Harun Yahya

The Milli Gazette Online

6 August 2006

As is revealed in the Qur’an, the Old Testament as read by the Jewish people today has been corrupted, distorted from its original form by parts being added and removed by various Jewish scholars. Nonetheless, the Old Testament in its present form still contains many statements compatible with the True Faith. A great many features of the True Faith—such as sincere faith in God, submission, gratitude, fear of and love of God, justice, affection, compassion and opposition to cruelty and injustice—still exist in the Old Testament that Jews read today.

However, the Old Testament, which has been altered by individuals for the sake of all kinds of gain, also contains references that encourage bloodshed, mass slaughter and ruthlessness.

It would be a grave error for Jews to adopt a religious conception in the light of the spurious references in question—in other words, for them to act according to provisions added, in the light of the conditions of their particular times. Such inclusions and distortions, added to the Torah by various rabbis long after the death of Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), are the result of feelings of hatred, anger and revenge arising under conditions of war. These inhuman and terrifying statements are absent from the true Torah, as revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh)—a fact of which many Judaic scholars are well aware.

However, some Jews regard violence as a tenet of the Old Testament that still needs to be obeyed. These people ignore those sections of the Old Testament that encourage goodness, beauty, peace and love, and cause bloodshed by behaving according to inhuman provisions that do not appear in the original Torah.

Almighty God does not issue such commands as “Kill women and children,” “Slaughter the innocent,” or “Spread corruption.” Such actions are clearly cruel. It is indispensable that genuinely devout Jews should warn their co-religionists against shedding the blood of any innocent people, making no allowances for women, children or the elderly, by following these invalid provisions in their currently corrupted scriptures, and instead, call them to love and compassion. No matter what a person’s faith, be they Muslim, Christian or Jew, spreading terror is not only a crime against humanity, but also a grave sin.

Do not act according to these false exhortations!

… [H]e is the Maker of all things, including the tribe of his inheritance—the LORD Almighty is His name. You are My war club, My weapon for battle—with you I shatter nations, with you I destroy kingdoms, with you I shatter horse and rider, with you I shatter chariot and driver, with you I shatter man and woman, with you I shatter old man and youth, with you I shatter young man and maiden, with you I shatter shepherd and flock, with you I shatter farmer and oxen, with you I shatter governors and officials. (Jeremiah 51:19-23)

Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;—their houses will be looted and their wives ravished. (Isaiah 13:15-16)

… and kill, without showing pity or compassion. Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children… (Ezekiel 9: 5-6)

“… totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.” (1 Samuel 15:3)

When the LORD your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. (Deueronomy 7:2)

“I have installed My King on Zion, My holy hill. . . . Ask of Me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” (Psalm 2:6, 8, 9)

The Lord is at your right hand; He will crush kings on the day of His wrath. He will judge the nations, heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth. (Psalm 110:5-6)

A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed! (Jeremiah 48:10)

… to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron. (Psalm 149:7-8)

Abide by those sections of the Old Testament that are compatible with the true faith

Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt. Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. If you do and they cry out to Me, I will certainly hear their cry… (Exodus 22:21-23)

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. (Psalm 82:3-4)

Hear and pay attention, do not be arrogant… (Jeremiah 13:15)

Seek the LORD, all you humble of the land, you who do what He commands. Seek righteousness, seek humility… (Zephaniah 2:3)

To the arrogant I say, “Boast no more,” and to the wicked, “Do not lift up your horns. Do not lift your horns against heaven; do not speak with outstretched neck.” No one from the east or the west or from the desert can exalt a man. But it is God Who judges: He brings one down, He exalts another. (Psalm 75:4-7)

They would not be like their forefathers—a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to Him. (Psalm 78:8)

Do not pervert justice; do not show … favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly. Do not go about spreading slander among your people. Do not do anything that endangers your neighbor's life. I am the Lord … do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. (Leviticus 19:15-18)

This is what the LORD says: “Maintain justice and do what is right…” (Isaiah 56:1)

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of My people… (Isaiah 10:1-2)

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. (Proverb 25:21)

Harun Yahya has written some 250 books, which have been translated into 57 languages. Eight million copies of his books have been sold. You can obtain all the books written by Harun Yahya free of charge by logging on to the www.harunyahya.net and www.harunyahya.com websites; or purchase by logging on to www.bookglobal.net.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, August 23, 2006  -  9:08 AM Reply with quote
LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

Lessons from history

MIKE MARQUSEE

Apologists for Israel's militarism are drawing perverse lessons from the Holocaust and the wider history of anti-semitism.
-----------
AS a Jew, I've been asked if I'm ashamed at what Israel has been doing in Lebanon. And the answer I give is that I am disgusted, I am angry, I am appalled, but, no, I am not ashamed. Why should I be? I bear no personal responsibility for this criminal activity — except, of course, in so far as I fail to take whatever action I can to stop it. The problem for me and for many other Jews is that Israel undertakes and justifies its actions in our name. It murders civilians in Beirut, Qana or Gaza ostensibly because such violence is necessary for the safety of Israel, and Israel is necessary for the safety of the Jews, worldwide.

The real danger

The reality is that nothing exposes Jews to danger so much as Israeli policy. It is Israel's barbarous behaviour that turns the Jews — unjustly, but unsurprisingly — into targets of wrath, even in places with no significant history of anti-semitism.

The Chief Rabbi of Britain sees it differently. In late July, at the end of a week that saw the calculated destruction of Lebanon's infrastructure and the killing of at least 300 Lebanese civilians, he declared: "Israel, you make us proud."

Now that I did find sickening, and shameful, but the Chief Rabbi does not speak for me and he does not speak for all Jews in Britain; in fact, an increasing number of the people he claims to speak for profoundly disagree with him.

The whole question of collective pride or shame is wrapped in a fog of dubious metaphysics. I cannot see why, as a Jew, I should take credit for Einstein, Freud or Bob Dylan; what contribution did I make to their genius? Conversely, why should I take the blame for Ariel Sharon or Ehud Olmert?

Of course, if a whole people have been made to feel ashamed of their very existence — as were African-Americans or Dalits over many centuries — then a corrective collective pride is necessary; it's the only means of shaking off the imposed collective shame. However, that is not the situation facing Jews today. The world's largest Jewish community, in the United States, is by and large wealthy and respected, its members eminent in nearly every field of public endeavour (and in every part of the political spectrum). The problem for the Jewish community in the U.S. and also in Britain, is not that it suffers from collective shame, but from a widespread and at times wilful blindness to what is being done in its name.

Coming to terms with the present

When a people have a long history as victims of persecution, it's difficult to make the readjustment in self-perception necessary to come to terms with the present, in which victims have become perpetrators. That is precisely why the demagogic dishonesty of the self-declared Jewish leadership in the diaspora is so reckless and inexcusable.

For example, the Chief Rabbi actually had the chutzpah to state: "For 58 years Israel has done everything a nation could do in pursuit of peace, and it has been rewarded instead with violence and terror."

Thus, with a tone of absolute certainty and the stamp of religious authority, the Rabbi throws a cloak over the history of our own times. It appears that the ethnic cleansing of between half a million and 7,00,000 Palestinians in 1948 — a process facilitated by racist atrocities such as the massacre of unarmed civilians at Deir Yassin — did not occur. Nor did Israel's invasion of Egypt in cahoots with the British and French in 1956, a flagrant attempt to reimpose colonial authority and repossess the Suez Canal. Nor did the 39-year occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, the seizure of land and water and the construction of illegal settlements in the occupied territories, the attempt to entrench this land grab through the erection of the "security fence", more accurately referred to as the apartheid wall, the targeted assassination of Palestinian political leaders, the demolition of tens of thousands of Palestinian homes, the detention without charge of tens of thousands of Palestinian people, the high-tech assault on Gaza which over the past month alone has killed 170 Palestinians, including 40 children, and wounded more than 650... In the world according to the Chief Rabbi, none of this happened.

Nor, it appears, is there any record of previous Israeli aggression against the Lebanese. Long before Hezbollah was even a rumour, Israel was crossing the border and killing Lebanese civilians. It mounted large scale military assaults in 1978, 1982 (during which Ariel Sharon supervised the wanton massacre of unarmed refugees in the Sabra and Shatilla camps), 1985 ("Operation Iron Fist"), 1993 ("Operation Accountability"), and 1996 ("Operation Grapes of Wrath"). Since its formal withdrawal from southern Lebanon in 2000, it has — according to UN observers — engaged in near daily cross-border incursions, principally by fighter aircraft, but also by ground forces acting as hit squads, most recently in May of this year, when a Hezbollah ally was killed by a car bomb widely believed to have been planted by Mossad operatives.

Israel's claim that its actions in Lebanon are in self-defence is unsustainable. Prior to the recent Israeli assault, Hezbollah forces had not targeted Israeli civilians for over a decade. A 2002 U.S. Congressional Research Service report noted that "no major terrorist attacks have been attributed to [Hezbollah] since 1994". The abduction by Hezbollah of Israeli soldiers that precipitated the latest invasion was a grave wrong, but it did not threaten Israel's existence, and did not represent a significant escalation in the log-simmering border tensions. Only after Israel began bombarding Beirut did Hezbollah launch its rockets on Haifa.

Israel demands respect for its own borders but shows none for the borders of others. It rightly insists its citizens live free from terrorism but unleashes terrorism — repeatedly, wantonly, unapologetically — on the citizens of other lands.

Rabbi, if Israel's record makes you proud, then you have either forgotten or perhaps never really absorbed traditional Jewish ethical teachings. In their place you have embraced the racism and neo-colonialism that have turned the Zionist dream into a global nightmare. When you say that the Israelis "have taken a desolate land and made it blossom and bear fruit," you deny the very existence of other peoples who lived in and cultivated Palestine for generations before the arrival of the first Zionist colonists in the 19th century.

Different lessons

It seems to me that the Chief Rabbi and others who speak as he does have drawn a tragically perverse lesson from the holocaust and the wider history of anti-semitism. They appear to believe that this history has endowed Jews — or rather those claiming to represent Jews — with special prerogatives denied to others: the prerogative to invade and occupy other lands, to deny others elementary human rights. For me, the lesson of our Jewish history is quite different: it's that when any group of human beings are subject to persecution and injustice, all human beings must stand in solidarity with them.

There also lessons in the Jewish experience for Palestinians and Lebanese: that you must not allow the fact that unspeakable things have been done to you to become an excuse for forfeiting your own sense of human decency, your own respect for human life, whatever religious, ethnic or national guise it might wear.
http://www.mikemarqusee.com/
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, August 23, 2006  -  9:17 AM Reply with quote
9/11 cover up.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5946593973848835726&q=loose+change
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, August 26, 2006  -  8:03 AM Reply with quote
What have any of the other countries in the Mid-East contributed to the
world other than hatred, intolerance and oppression of their own people;
especially women??

A SHITTY LITTLE COUNTRY?

The Middle East has been growing date palms for centuries. The average
tree is about 18-20 feet tall and yields about 38 pounds of dates a year.

Israeli date trees are now yielding 400 pounds/year and are short enough
to be harvested from the ground or a short ladder.

Israel the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's
population, can lay claim to the following :

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli
branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel .

Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by
Microsoft-Israel.

The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel .

Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor and the Centrino processor were
entirely designed, developed and produced in Israel.

The Pentium microprocessor in your computer was most likely made in
Israel.

Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.

Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US
in Israel.

The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger ICQ was developed in
1996 by four young Israelis.

Israel has the fourth largest air force in the world (after the U.S, Russia
and China). In addition to a large variety of other aircraft, Israel's air force
has an aerial arsenal of over 250 F-16's. This is the largest fleet of F-16
aircraft outside of the U. S.

Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors
combined.

Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per
capita.

According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry's most
impenetrable flight security. US officials now look (finally) to Israel for
advice on how to handle airborne security threats.

Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the
world.

Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation
by a large margin - 109 per 10,000 people --as well as one of the highest
per capita rates of patents filed.

In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup
companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number
of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the U.S.
(3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).

With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel has the
highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world -- apart from the
Silicon Valley, U.S.

Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the U.S.

Outside the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of
NASDAQ listed companies.

Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East.

The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.

On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.

Twenty-four per cent of Israel's workforce holds university degrees, ranking
third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland and
12 per cent hold advanced degrees.

Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.

In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews (Operation
Solomon) at Risk in Ethiopia, to safety in Israel.

When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became
the world's second elected female leader in modern times.

When the U. S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli
rescue teams were on the scene within a day -- and saved three victims from
the rubble.

Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship -- and the highest rate
among women and among people over 55 - in the world.

Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on
earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and
economic opportunity. (Hundreds of thousands from the former Soviet Union)

Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an
international standard that certifies diamonds as "conflict free."

Israel has the world's second highest per capita of new books.

Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a
net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was
achieved in an area considered mainly desert.

Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.

Medicine... Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized,
no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.

An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper
administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical
treatment. Every year in U. S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment
mistakes.

Israel's Given Imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small
it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine fro the inside, cancer and
digestive disorders .

Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart
pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with
heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the camera helps doctors
diagnose heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of
sensors.

Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the work
force, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U. S., over 70 in Japan,
and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in
technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well.

A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the Clear Light device, produces
a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne
bacteria to self-destruct -- all without damaging surrounding skin or tissue.

An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale
solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant, in southern
California's Mojave desert.

All the above while engaged in regular wars with an implacable enemy that
seeks its destruction, and an economy continuously under strain by having
to spend more per capita on its own protection than any other county on
earth.

. .. . . AND THE FRENCH AMBASSADOR IN ENGLAND SAYS :

ISRAEL IS NOTHING BUT A SHITTY LITTLE COUNTRY!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker