Next page >>
Page 6 of 8

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
DrBob

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 5, 2009  -  11:17 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I thnk it means 'Be happy' ? Why don't you tell us.
Assalamoaleikum.

I think gay does mean happy! But does gayism mean happiness then??? I dont know!!! He he
DrBob

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 5, 2009  -  11:32 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Welcome to our forums DrBob sala'm Nice to see you here and we hope to hear more from you.Dr.Bob is one of or respected Faith partners and has quite a wide knowledge and experience about different faiths as well as spirituality. Our meetings are never complete without Bob's light and heavy conversations )

We have sent the Q to our interfaith colleagues from various Faiths and communties as well.We shall upload their replies as and when received. Presently we are uploading some comments we received from a renouned scholar of our institute, Mr.Rehan Yousfi.

"I have gone through the discussion on forum. In my humble opinion spirituality is being used as a postmodernism expression for religion. It is rather a replacement of traditional belief-oriented religious approach. It is a way out to accommodate all differences we see around us. Thus it tends to cater a justification for homosexuality too, on spiritual level. It is quite successful in doings so in postmodern era as it is based on satisfaction of desire and emotions, and where feelings are the bases of truth. So homosexuality is not at all a problem in modern spirituality. Faith based religion is something different. People of faith must understand this difference. So If you understand this difference, it will be easy for you to communicate. I have tried to elaborate the issue of spirituality in my last travelogue of USA. I am sending you the related part of it.

I hope this will help.

Regards

Rehan "

Dear Henna

Interesting comments!

ROb
DrBob

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 6, 2009  -  8:50 PM Reply with quote
thx for ur intro. Dr.bob and th eservices u offer but I requested u to send it to our stislam communities forum in the psychologists section-therefore am moving it there. am sure our members will benefit
(ps:copy n paste the whole link as it's giving an error)

http://www.studying-islam.org/forum/topic.aspx?topicid=1044&;lang=&forumid=36

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:56 PM
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 7, 2009  -  8:19 AM Reply with quote
Dear all,

I have been watching your exchange with great pleasure. It's good to talk,
and we have so much in common. I have always found Islam fascinating from a
Jewish perspective, and hope to be able to forge more friendships with
members ofthe Muslim community of Reading. Kol Ha-Kavod (all honour) to allof you who have worked to start this initiative, may it go from strength to
strength.

On Purim, I believe that if you were to visit Iran the tombs of Esther and
Mordechai are still viewable. The Book of Esther is the only book in the
Bible which does not mention God's name - the idea is that God is hidden and
the world may seem topsy-turvey but is all part of His plan. This is where
the tradition to wear masks and fancy dress comes from.

We read the Book of Esther in the Synagogue on Purim and every time we read
the name of evil Haman we make noises to blot out his name. It's quite
riotous. If you wish to come along to the synagogue in Reading on Monday
evening you would all be most welcome - but do let us know you are coming!
Email me and I'll put you on our list. We have something to eat after the
service.

7 Goldsmid Road, RG1 7BY, at 6:45 pm with food and chat afterwards if you
are interested.

Regards

Rabbi Zvi.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 10, 2009  -  5:49 PM Reply with quote
quote:

...........comments from some of our research scholars:

.........(Abdullah Rahim) ..............Those who have homosexual attitude can be of one of the following categories:

1. They have physical disorder.
............ This is similar to other physical disorders that people might be born with.

2. They have psychological disorder:
.........This is similar to a person who develops psychological disorders in areas like eating habit, phobia, etc.

......3. They had a choice and they have chosen to be homosexual, ........... This is like a person intentionally deciding to break the law.

In the case of the first two categories mentioned above it will be seen as (NOT natural but) a decease.

In the case of the third category it
will be seen as sin. In no case it can be seen as acceptable.

The first two reasons supposed by the author of the above quote are his own fancy and cannot be considered because we learn from the Quran and the Sunnah that Allah does not punish you for a disease or a weakness within you but wipes our your sins in return for such sufferings inflicted by His command.

The crime of homosexuality on the other hand is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allaah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

81. ‘Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins).’

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: ‘Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!’

83. Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

84. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and sinners)”

[al-A’raaf 7:80-84]

“Verily, by your life (O Muhammad), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.

73. So As‑Saihah (torment — awful cry) overtook them at the time of sunrise.

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

76. And verily, they (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now)”

[al-Hijr 15:72-76]

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Ahmad (2915) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot, may Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot,” three times. This was classed as hasan by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.
davidsparrow

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 11, 2009  -  1:37 PM Reply with quote
I just want to be clear on what aboosait is saying - "Homosexuals should be executed"?
DrBob

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 12, 2009  -  10:48 AM Reply with quote
Hey David

My question as well, did aboosait say that homosexuals should be executed?

Rob
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, March 12, 2009  -  5:27 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I just want to be clear on what aboosait is saying - "Homosexuals should be executed"?

Please read the post again. I quote the relevant passage for your kind perusal.
quote:

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Any Muslim with a little basic education on his religion will be able to tell you that al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood and Ibn Maajah are authentic books of Hadith. All three have quoted that
quote:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.

And the Quran says on five occasions,
quote:

وَأَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ

So obey Allah, and obey His Messenger

Please read:

[47:33], Al-Nour [24:54], Al-Ma'idah [5:92], An-Nisa [4:59] and At-Taghabun [64:12]

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, March 12, 2009 5:30 PM
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 13, 2009  -  7:28 AM Reply with quote
According to the Qur'an, the ultimate book of guidance for Muslims (on the basis of which we should determine how to understand a Hadith(saying of Prophet Muhammad sws/peace be upon him) and which Hadith to rely on) there are only two sins for which death punishment can be carried out. These are 'intentional murder' and 'creating disorder and anarchy in the land' (refer to verses
5:32, 33).

Obviously homosexuality (per se) is not among these two reasons therefore it is not correct to say that Islam tells us to execute homosexuals.

Accordingly, it will be the duty of an Islamic court to decide whether one (who belongs to the third group as described above) should be punished or not and that what should be his/her punishment (which in any case should be less than execution).
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 14, 2009  -  11:41 PM Reply with quote
(Sister Mary Lawrence.Burnham Abbey.Royal County)

This homosexuality issue: not an easy one for parents. Parenting must be one of the most
difficult jobs out ! Speaking for myself/ourselves here, we are fairly open - "liberal" - to the idea
of it but of course we stand on the sidelines and aren't involved so its easy for us.........We'd want to
be fair to both sides: we know of people living together (without calling it a marriage) who
genuinely love each other and are fine people.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, March 16, 2009  -  10:04 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Ahmad (2915) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot, may Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot,” three times. This was classed as hasan by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

To understand this hadith we must know the context of it.
dear abu,
Will you plz give the context in which prophet saw uttered such words>
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Tuesday, March 17, 2009  -  2:25 PM Reply with quote
Interesting piece to read from bbc here:

US capital blighted by HIV/Aids

According to the report, both the United Nations and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have "historically defined an HIV epidemic as generalised and severe when the overall percentage of disease among residents of a specific geographic area exceeds 1%.

The overall proportion in the District is three times higher," the report says. By comparison, less than half of 1% of Americans are living with cancer.
Even the 3% figure, the report says, is certain to be an underestimate, as so many of Washington's residents are unaware that they are infected.
"In the District, nearly every population group and age is experiencing a substantial epidemic," the report says, with the greatest rates of infection among black men (6.5%), Hispanic men (3.0%), and white men (2.6%).
In terms of age, those aged 40-49 are the worst affected (7.2%), followed by those aged 50-59 (5.2%).
The main mode of transmission is men having sex with men, followed by heterosexual sex and infection through drug use.

"When they've tested large groups of the District population it looks like the prevalence is actually about 5%, which is higher than the 3% but a lot of the people haven't been tested yet," said Dr Raymond Martins.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7947443.stm
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 17, 2009  -  5:15 PM Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

To understand this hadith we must know the context of it.
dear abu,
Will you plz give the context in which prophet saw uttered such words>

I have mentioned the Hadith number for your kind perusal and follow-up in that direction.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Tuesday, March 17, 2009  -  5:20 PM Reply with quote
quote:

.....two sins for which death punishment can be carried out.

1. 'intentional murder' and

2.'creating disorder and anarchy in the land' (refer to verses
5:32, 33).

Obviously homosexuality (per se) is not among these two reasons therefore it is not correct to say that Islam tells us to execute homosexuals............

homosexuality is not among athe first of these two reasons but kindly examine the issue in the light of the second reason:

Warning Those who Commit Mischief Allah said,

[وَلَقَدْ جَآءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُنَا بِالّبَيِّنَـتِ]

(And indeed, there came to them Our Messengers with Al-Bayyinat,) meaning, clear evidences, signs and proofs,

[ثُمَّ إِنَّ كَثِيراً مِّنْهُمْ بَعْدَ ذلِكَ فِى الاٌّرْضِ لَمُسْرِفُونَ]

(even then after that many of them continued to exceed the limits in the land!) This Ayah chastises and criticizes those who commit the prohibitions, after knowing that they are prohibited from indulging in them.

Kindly ponder over the above points which I have taken from Tafsir Ibn Kathir.

Also kindly mention the reasons for your falsifying the following sayings of the Prophet Sallallahi alaihi wasallam.

quote:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
quote:

“Whoever you find , execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done"

Do you mean to say that doing the action of the people of Loot does not amount to committing prohibitions, after knowing that they are prohibited from indulging in them?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 18, 2009  -  12:12 AM Reply with quote
am glad coz this type of discussion can bring out the facts clearly that how can islam get misinterpreted;
this is the work that this site and almawrid institute is trying to do i.e. bringing the facts from the original sources of islam i.e. Qur'an and the practices of the prophet sws(sunnah)instead of consulting to the hadith literature as the 1st hand source of information for the shariah(law)

we can see how this tilt in learning attitudes effects the presentation of true islam and creates utmost misconceptions-and how crucial is this research work which can bring the facts into light-insh'Allah
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, March 18, 2009  -  6:51 AM Reply with quote
quote:

I have mentioned the Hadith number for your kind perusal and follow-up in that direction.

thanks,but I need to know the entire context to get the depth of the matter.
I repeat,will you plz suggest any source where I can get the same.

wassalam

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next page >>
Page 6 of 8

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker