Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
student1

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Wednesday, June 21, 2006  -  1:43 PM Reply with quote
Want to study in Canada , Waterloo University

Asalam Aalaikum,

Dear Brothers,

I am interested to study in Canada and I am thinking of applying in Waterloo University in Ontario.

I wanted to know that is their any muslim brother already studying in this University who could help me and provide me with some relevant information about it.

Actually I have just taken my GCE AS-Level exam in May/June and soon inshallah I am going to take GCE A2-Level exam in Nov/Dec which will complete my GCE A-levels .

Please pray for my GCE AS-level result which is going to appear in July or August.

Thank you.
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, June 21, 2006  -  6:58 PM Reply with quote
quote:

I wanted to know that is their any muslim brother already studying in this University who could help me and provide me with some relevant information about it.

what exactly do you wish to know? I have a friend there doing his masters in Economics.
zaibhere

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, June 21, 2006  -  10:22 PM Reply with quote
Allah karay tumhara changa changa result aye bhai student1 :)
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 22, 2006  -  9:02 AM Reply with quote

Well, I am not exactly interested only in Waterloo University but any University in Ontario that is affordable for me and offers undergraduate degree program of my choice.

Actually I am interested in Computer Networking and Communication and 1 of the consultants of University of Toronto has just stated that If I do Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering ,then it will be covered in it.

What actually I wish is that I find a muslim brother in Canadian Universities especially the one who is a member of studying-islam.org that will boost up my confidence because I'll be new over their and I donot know much about Canada.

I have heard brother that Canadian polices are arresting many muslims in Canada, but I wanted to know that is everything ok for international students over their?

I might be needing other types of help as you know that Canadian Government as allowed international students to work off-campus, I might be needing help in search of Halal meat,off-campus jobs and cheap accomodation off-campus.

I hope you are understanding my concern.

I would deeply appreciate if any brother in faith would assist me in Canada ,either through e-mail or direct interaction.

I donot want to become burden on anyone.

My e-mail : Fahad_ai2003@yahoo.com
Fahad_ai2003@hotmail.com

Regards,
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, June 22, 2006  -  6:55 PM Reply with quote
>>If I do Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.................

Please see the websites of the various universities and compare their programs. You may contact the Muslim Student Associations or the Pakistani Student Associations of the respective universities. HOWEVER, trust no one.

>>especially the one who is a member of studying-islam.org that will boost up my confidence...............

You may contact me at junaid@ualberta.ca

>>I have heard brother that Canadian polices are arresting many muslims in Canada,

They have arrested people who were plotting to bomb and also behead the Canadian PM. Those 17 boys were born in Canada. It was the inability of the Muslims to rein in fiery clerics who tried to brainwash the youth.

>> I might be needing help in search of Halal meat,off-campus jobs and cheap accomodation off-campus.

halal food is available at superstores. Other than that tofu based stuff is also available. as for accomodation, just remember, some non-muslims are better off than several muslims to stay with.

>>I donot want to become burden on anyone.

Feel free as you would in Lahore :)

Edited by: junaidj on Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:55 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 23, 2006  -  7:18 AM Reply with quote
also try this, just got in an email(hope your exam went well )

International Immigration Services, Bureau des communications

Adresse postale:
54, Fulton Crescent
Moncton, New Brunswick
E1C 9J3, CANADA

Fax: 1-506-455-2151
Téléphone: 1-506-855-2181
Email: info@CANADAimmigr.ca
Site Web: http://www.CANADAimmigr.ca
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 23, 2006  -  11:29 AM Reply with quote

Asalam Aalaikum,

Hkhan and Junaid bhai

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
Inshallah I'll e-mail you if I find any problem in Canada and I hope that you will regularly check your e-mail.

Regards,
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, June 23, 2006  -  12:04 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

I am from Karachi not from Lahore.
I didnot understand one thing that brother Junaid is recommending me to contact Muslim Student Association or Pakistan Student Association and on the other hand he is saying that I shouldnot trust any one of them.
Is brother Junaid Joking or is he serious?
Brother Junaid ,if these organizations are not trustworthy then why are telling me to contact them?
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Friday, June 23, 2006  -  5:46 PM Reply with quote
>>I am from Karachi not from Lahore.

Then I suppose I cannot help you. LOL :)

>>Brother Junaid ,if these organizations are not trustworthy then why are telling me to contact them?

I have asked you to contact them regards information, i.e., halal stores, travel from airport to campus, prayer timings, mosque locations, safe places to live in.................

However, I have asked you to TRUST no one. Eg: If they tell you they will pick you up from the airport but fail to show up for whatever reasons, if you are from a minority sect like Shia or Aga Khani then be prepared to hear some strong words from those that disgaree (you know our brothers can be quite intolerant), if some Pakistani students cajole you into living in a 4 bedroom place which can be quite inconvenient based on your preferences, if some members tell you 'jhatka' meat is makrooh NOT haram, if they try to impose their values on your life, if Tablighis morally cajole you into going with them and you think otherwise........

The list goes on. Getting information and being part of these groups is fine especially the former, but one must remain on guard.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, June 23, 2006  -  8:04 PM Reply with quote
full email as follows. i'm afraid you'll hv to organize the translation service(junaid may be of help )

Destinataire: Candidats et candidates Annonces Emploi

Secteurs d'activité :

ADMINISTRATION (Formation 18 mois et plus.) : Analystes – Archivistes – Bibliothécaires – Économistes – Financiers – Fiscalistes - Traducteurs

AGRONOMIE : Tous les domaines.

ARCHITECTURE (Formation 18 mois et plus.) : Architectes – Dessinateurs - Projeteur

ENSEIGNEMENT : Tous les domaines.

INFORMATIQUE (Formation 18 mois et plus.) : Programmeurs – Graphistes - Gestionnaires de données

INGENIEURS : Tous les domaines.

MÉDECINE ANIMALE (Tous les domaines.)

SANTÉ : Médical – Paramédical – Pharmacie – Prothèse - Radiologie

TECHNICIENS : Tous les domaines.

TOURISME (Formation 18 mois et plus.) : Restauration - Hôtellerie

Description de l’offre : Offre d’immigration pour professionnels vers le Canada

Nous sommes à la recherche d’immigrants professionnels dans les domaines ci-dessus mentionnés. Une expérience d’un minimum de six (6) mois est requise dans le domaine de la formation pour chaque secteur d’activité en demande.

Nous invitons les intéressé(e)s à compléter notre formulaire sur notre site Internet à l’adresse suivante : http://www.canadaimmigr.ca/Formulaire/Formulaire.htm ou à nous acheminer un CV détaillé par email, fax ou courrier postal.

N'hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous au téléphone du lundi au vendredi, entre 8 h et 17 h (Heure Atlantique canadienne GMT -04:00), ou visitez notre site Internet au http://www.CANADAimmigr.ca

International Immigration Services, Bureau des communications

Adresse postale:
54, Fulton Crescent
Moncton, New Brunswick
E1C 9J3, CANADA

Fax: 1-506-455-2151
Téléphone: 1-506-855-2181
Email: info@CANADAimmigr.ca
Site Web: http://www.CANADAimmigr.ca

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker