Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
J_Honesty

CANADA
Topic initiated on Monday, May 15, 2006  -  11:53 PM Reply with quote
Seafood, haram? Meaning of Makrooh

Assalmu alaikum
As far as I know, anything that crawls is forbidden to eat. For example, crabs.
What about lobster though? They are kept in water, like fish so are we able to eat lobster or not.
Can someone please explain makrooh to me?
Thank you.
oosman

USA
Posted - Tuesday, May 16, 2006  -  1:32 AM Reply with quote
quote:

As far as I know, anything that crawls is forbidden to eat

Where did you hear that!!!!

Please be careful when calling something haram, especially something that Allah has made halal.

Search the hadith for the lizard called dab or dhab. Muslims eat it and used to eat it too. It is a crawling creature.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, May 16, 2006  -  9:55 AM Reply with quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can someone please explain makrooh to me?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Literly "makrooh" means unpleasent thing whom ONE doesn't LIKE. In the Sharee'ah Those things that are NOT declared Haram But it looks that they MAY fall in this Category on the Basis of Ijtihaad etc They are Called "Makrooh".
I hope I've Explained it Correctly. If not Plz Correct Me. thanks
Rakhtal

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, May 18, 2006  -  4:09 PM Reply with quote
Salam-o-alaikom

quote:
As far as I know, anything that crawls is forbidden to eat

Where did you hear that!!!!

Please be careful when calling something haram, especially something that Allah has made halal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As you said- “Please be careful when calling something haram, especially something that Allah has made halal” please clarify, has allah made halal those things which crawl.
J_Honesty

CANADA
Posted - Thursday, May 18, 2006  -  10:37 PM Reply with quote
"Basis of Ijtihaad" - can you explain this? Please understand, that I am a revert to Islam, that Urdu nor arabic are languages that I do not speak therefor, it is a learning process for me.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, May 19, 2006  -  8:25 AM Reply with quote
hmmmmm Well Ijtihaad in simple words means that a thing that we didn't find in the Islamic Law, we relate it with some Similar thing & derive an almost similar order for that. Here Two or More persons may DIFFER due their OWN understanding of the TWO things.
I hope it's Clear NOW
J_Honesty

CANADA
Posted - Friday, May 19, 2006  -  12:40 PM Reply with quote
Yes, thank you.
Please clarify whether, fish of all kinds are acceptable eat? If mussels and calamari is also acceptable.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker