Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
oosman

USA
Topic initiated on Monday, May 15, 2006  -  7:38 PM Reply with quote
Designer Babies

I was reading this article today:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060514/ts_alt_afp/afplifestyleusgender;_ylt=AgruRvf_gf7IBOPQDWnQk.IDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBhZDhxNDFzBHNlYwNtZW5ld3M-

Doctors have discovered a way to guarantee with 99% accuracy what gender your child will be. So you can choose a boy or a girl. But this technology is very expensive and ordinary people might not be able to afford it.

I think it is very exciting to have this power to choose your child's gender, but also very dangerous. What do you think?

It is Allah who gives us the knowledge to do such things!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 17, 2006  -  10:08 AM Reply with quote
Yes U r RIGHT. We Can't Know that WHAT'll be GOOD for US; boy or girl. So I think ONE shud USE this POWER in Some Speical cases ONLY.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, May 19, 2006  -  10:17 PM Reply with quote

Salamz

its nicer if its a surprise any way XDXD

id hate it if a doctor came up to me and said so basmah, would you like a brother? or a sister?

id rather let Allah do the choosing

.xXx.
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, May 20, 2006  -  1:01 AM Reply with quote
Well, it works better if you already have 7 boys and want a girl or if you have many girls and want a boy. Many couples would like to balance their families, and this provides a way of doing that. However it is still very expensive. Also I am not sure that the way they do it is ok or not religion wise. They artificially fertilize multiple embroys, then choose the one that is the right gender and implant it back into the mother. This will waste the other embroys that got discarded.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, May 20, 2006  -  6:18 PM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - let Allah do the choosing.

This is the slogan of “Sufi-ism”
(Yes! Whoever submits himself entirely to Allah and he is the doer of good (to others) he has his reward from his Lord, and there is no fear for him nor shall he grieve (2: 112).

Edited by: Loveall on Friday, May 26, 2006 7:32 PM
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  10:37 AM Reply with quote
(Well, it works better if you already have 7 boys and want a girl or if you have many girls and want a boy)
SEE IF ONE HAD SEVEN BOYS OR GIRLS I WOULD SEE THIS AS WHAT ALLAH SWT HAS BLESSED YOU WITH
BABIES ARE ONE OF MANY OF ALLAH SWT,S BLESSING SO WHY MEDDLE WITH THE DOING OF THE MERCIFUL ONE BY DESIGNING YOUR OWN BABY. PROBLEM WITH US WE CAN NEVER BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE, WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT BEEN BLESSD WITH THE GIFT OF CHILDREN!!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  10:54 AM Reply with quote
I agree w U sister Sahira
oosman

USA
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  2:55 PM Reply with quote
The way I see it is if Allah has given us a special knowledge and it is hallal to use (I am not sure about this case if it is hallal), then one should use that knowledge, improve our lives, and be grateful to Allah for giving us something other creations did not get. If Allah gives me His bounty, I am going to take it readily, and thank Him for it. If you do not want to use the knowlege Allah has given you to improve your life, then you are free to do so, but I do not know why someone would not accept Allah's bounties?
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, May 24, 2006  -  3:36 PM Reply with quote
(Allah has given you to improve your life,)
HOW CAN YOU SAY FOR SURE THIS METHOD WOULD IMPROVE LIVES
(If Allah gives me His bounty, I am going to take it readily)
SEE I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION AND CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG BUT THE FACT THAT HE GAVE YOU KIDS IN THE FIRST PLACE IS A BOUNTY OF ALLAH SWT THEREFORE EXCEPTING WHAT CHILDREN YOU HAVE ALREADY IS ACCEPTING ALLAH SWT'S BOUNTIES
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 25, 2006  -  9:29 PM Reply with quote
Salaam

WITH
BABIES ARE ONE OF MANY OF ALLAH SWT,S BLESSING SO WHY MEDDLE WITH THE DOING OF THE MERCIFUL ONE BY DESIGNING YOUR OWN BABY. PROBLEM WITH US WE CAN NEVER BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE, WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT BEEN BLESSD WITH THE GIFT OF CHILDREN!!

I am afraid if we used this arguement logically then we will still be living in caves naked, no cures of for any diseases (after all they must be from god why interfer with them!)
God has given us intelligence and wisdom and we must use it appropriately. Sex selection is probably only going to cause major problem in Indian sucontinent and SE Asia where there is an obcession with having male offspring and the debate needs to centered around possible imbalance inmale/female population. However there are many very serious medical conditions which effect either male or females only and who is to deny these couples a potentially healthy child. By all means lets us have an intelligent debate on this issue but it is Gods wish I dont think so. There is no Quranic arguement against Test tube babies or sex selection.
regards
sahira

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 25, 2006  -  10:20 PM Reply with quote
{ Sex selection is probably only going to cause major problem in Indian sucontinent and SE Asia where there is an obcession with having male offspring and the debate needs to centered around possible imbalance inmale/female population. }

im sorry but you think this problem would only exsist in asia, you are forgetting people with that mentality only live in asia they dont exsist everywhere also here in the uk have you not heard of enough cases where men are encoraged to re marry because their wives cant give them boys it mayb a minority but it still happens so close to home, i was not dishing science and how far we come since the dark ages but somethings and this is my opinion should be left in the hands of our creator, no where in my message did i say lets not go forward with science nor did i say the Quran orders not to do so and so i was just voicing my opinion and was under the idiotic notion that was what debating was about.
perv1

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, May 25, 2006  -  11:11 PM Reply with quote
Salaam

Quran orders not to do so and so i was just voicing my opinion and was under the idiotic notion that was what debating was about.

Of course you are welcome to voice your opinion. No offence was intended (apologies) My point was simply to point out that the Quran does not prohibit such a notion and when anyone mentions we should leave something in the hand of God. There is often an underlying assumption that such an action goes against Gods command. Unfortunately recent history is littered with so called muslim declaring various scientific advances as unislamic simply because they have been beyond their understanding. Simple example is the space travel and subsequent landing on the moon. Many so called muslims condemend this as balatant lie and for some bizzare reason as somehow unGodly. Now many of the so called muslims are claiming well actually it has all been predicted and signifies the end of the world.
To debate something with simple raw prejudices does very little for the muslim community and will keep muslims in the dark ages for a long time.
regards

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker