Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
maskxone

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, April 8, 2006  -  7:47 PM Reply with quote
Importance of Religion?

Assalam Alaykum,
A friend narrated a very interesting comparison to me made by a Maulvi Sahab. He said that recently goverment in Pakistan said "There is possibility of Bird Flu". And everyone stopped eating chicken. But nobody stops taking interest when Islam has stopped us doing so in clear words.
This raised a question in my mind:
Why is religion no more important for us?
Everyone believes in Quran and everyone knows that they have to die. Then why this short-term thinking.
Turn on any TV channel and we will see clear voilations of message from Allah. It can be understood that there can be confusions on some directives. But what about the clear directives. What are we thinking. Why so much hypocracy.
One reason I can think of is that we are too occupied in wordly affairs. No one has time to think about religion. But this is just an excuse.
And what bothers me is that people think bad of someone who actually gives importance to religion.
E.g. if i am on road at 6:00 am and there is red light. I stop at the signal. On many occassions the driver behind me will start honking and then cross me from the side after giving a long stare as if I did something foolish. But is it smart of him that he saved a minute but went against the law. This is one small example. Look at our politicians. Why people think of this temporary life only and forget what is more important.
Is religion not a serious matter. Is it less important than the career, property, world affairs, politics or even a financial gain of 5 bucks.
Is this nature of man to do wrong. Or is it the plan of Iblees. What about the fact that son of Prophet Adam killed his brother. So does it mean that man has always been like this.
Allah did us a great favor by sending his Message and Messenger to us. And how are we returning this favor? By ignoring the message?
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, April 9, 2006  -  1:21 PM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - Is this nature of man to do wrong. Or is it the plan of Iblees.

Following is just my imagination i.e. I may be wrong or right to some extent.

Humans seem to have two inborn, say characters at the same time.

1. Affliated to Rehman (God)
2. Affliated to Shaitan

OUR WILL POWER moulds these forces to the dominant one, producing the acceleration every moment and every breath in our lives, towards Rehman (God) or Shaitan. If God does not bestows upon us the will power, I think there should be No reward or the punishment by Him.

Role of the religion is to direct our will power entirely towards Rehman (God) NOT Shaitan.

QUOTE: - Everyone believes in Quran and everyone knows that they have to die. Then why this short-term thinking.

I could not understand. Do you want to say that we can eat every thing blindly?
maskxone

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, April 9, 2006  -  2:31 PM Reply with quote
Assalam Alaykum
quote:

QUOTE: - Everyone believes in Quran and everyone knows that they have to die. Then why this short-term thinking.

Ofcourse Not. . I meant that our priorities are such that we are more concerned about short term gains that we put the concerns that should be most important in the back ground. This was not w.r.t to not eating chicken but w.r.t to still taking interest (as an example) after being clearly ordered not to do it.
I hope it is clear now?
Best Regards
maskxone

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, April 9, 2006  -  2:33 PM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalam Alaykum
Thanks for your input.
quote:

Ofcourse Not. . I meant that our priorities are such that we are more concerned about short term gains. We put the concerns that should be most important in the back ground. This was not w.r.t to not eating chicken but w.r.t to still taking interest (as an example) after being clearly ordered not to do it.
I hope it is clear now? If you read my post again it will be clear InshaAllah.
Best Regards

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker