Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Saturday, March 25, 2006  -  1:35 PM Reply with quote
what makes halal meat halal?

salaamz
cud i please have one of the moderators answering this question my sikh friend asked- shes very interested in islam...but yea, like most ppl hu r new 2 the religion- shes sort of involving herself in the more complex wat i think r less serious aspects of islam that come after the aspect and nature of the deen is fully understood. but i dnt want 2 put her off so im gonna try answering as many of her questions as possible inshaAllah. help needed on this one:

"Hi all, I need some help!....i was just doin some research into "preparing meat" e.g. halal methods etc....i found that there is quite alot of conflicting views on whether the animals feel pain or not.....some say they do some say they don't........

I was wondering if someone could tell me the exact method of preparing halal (and if possible jutka meat- although i don't think many of you will noe what jutka/chatka meat is).....

is the preparing of halal meat meant to be pain free?...and what is that stuff about draining the blood....pain free or nay?....

oh and also what is kosher meat..is that just the jewish name for preparing halal meat?"

Edited by: tweety on Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:36 PM
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, March 25, 2006  -  3:01 PM Reply with quote
Halal meat is meat from animal that is allowed to eat. Example beef, mutton, chicken, fish are all halal meat, but pork, peporoni is not hallal.

Being halal does not mean the meat is Zabiha. Zabiha meat is when the halal animal was slaughtered according to the directions in the Sunnah of the Prophet. The slaughterer must say 'bismillah-o-allah-u-akbar' (3 times?) while slaughtering the halal animal. The animal's jugular vein is cut (but the spine is not cut). When the vein is cut open, most of the blood drains out. Loss of blood should put animal to sleep and a painless death. (Slicing your wrist with a knife to bleed to death is also a painless way of suicide, because loss of blood puts you to sleep or causes unconciousness before death).

Kosher is same as Zabiha, except it is term used by Jews.

Note I think animal should be halal and zabiha both to be eaten. (Sometimes it is just halal or it is difficult to verify if it is also zabiha/kosher).
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 26, 2006  -  10:47 AM Reply with quote
does that mean sacrificing an animal in a halal way doesnt involve it feeling pain? is it ok if the animal feels pain?
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 27, 2006  -  9:25 AM Reply with quote
at the Moment only this Short Answer

We Slaughter the Halaal Animals ( about which GOD has Put HIS Guidence in the human Nature i.e. FITRAH knows What to EAT) with The Permission of Allah (when we Take HIS NAME at that Time)
oosman

USA
Posted - Monday, March 27, 2006  -  6:52 PM Reply with quote
I don't think it is possible to kill an animal without giving it some pain. We should try to make it as painless as possible.
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 30, 2006  -  4:00 PM Reply with quote
yeah- thats wat i thought..thanx for all the help ^_^

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker