Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, March 6, 2006  -  7:32 PM Reply with quote
birthdays- haram/halal?

salam
today in school me and my friend were talking about birthdays and we would like to know if celebrating birthdays is allowed in islam?
can u please help me
jazakallah khair
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  5:19 AM Reply with quote
AOA ,

According to my knowledge , There is no clue for such thing in Quran , even we could not find any Hadis . It is tradition of west and we should prevent to take such time-consuming and ilogical traditions from west.However this matter is not subject of religion , if one has deepest desire so he/she can celebrate with in the domain of moral values.

May Allah guide us to right path

Khaled
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  8:15 AM Reply with quote
W salaam
well Plz as a RULE note that All such thing Cannot Be Cetagorically Regarded as Haram/ Halal etc. For Example It'll be SEEN First that HOW & WHY one is Celebrating B/day? If one is JUST copying WEST then it'll be Something Else. Similarly if there is "ISRAAF" in the Celebration then Surely it'll be Condemable.
But
B4 any MORE discussion Plzzz Tell me that HOW MANY among YOU people KNOW that our BELOVED Prophet (sas) himself Celebrated his B/day. Do u Know that??? & Do u know HOW???

well I'll tell it NEXT time (V soon in sha Allah as I just want to Check the Knowledge of Our LEARNED readers & visitors so let me leave here)

regards
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  9:44 AM Reply with quote
Our Prophet (sas) celebrated his birthday by fasting on his birthday. i.e. every monday he keeps fast and when asked by the companions he replied that monday is my birthday and to thank ALLAH I keep fast.

I hope I am right ...
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  12:33 PM Reply with quote
ya i believe u are because dats wt i been tld aswell
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 8, 2006  -  6:32 AM Reply with quote
Could you please explain the source of this Hadis.

Regards ,

Khaled
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, March 8, 2006  -  8:36 AM Reply with quote
celeberating one's birthday is a western concept which suits to the lifestyle of the society where Children are sent to crutches as parents(sometimes single parent) have no time to share for their bringing up.In the same way parents are sent to old peoples homes becoz their children have no time to care them on daily basis.
This might be the reason to celeberate birthday's or father's/mother's day to show their affection and love to their dear ones at least once a year.
On the other hand in muslim societies babies are considered as a gift from God and parents are treated as a source of guidence and heads of the family.
The 'Gift'and the "Guides"are required to be well nursed , given due respect and well cared throughout the life and not only one or two days in a year.

Everyone has been given freedom to opt either of the modules of family systems.Its upto him whether he goes for an attached and well knit family with values or a self centred ,free from all bounds system.

Edited by: raushan on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:45 AM
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 13, 2006  -  8:06 AM Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply. Please check the following hadith for the reference:

Book 006, Hadith Number 2606. (From Muslim)
------------------------------
Chapter : Excellence of observing fast for three days during every month, and fasting on the day of 'Arafa, and 'Ashura and Monday and Thursday.

Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.

I hope this will serve the purpose.

Regards

Edited by: atifrafi on Monday, March 13, 2006 8:07 AM
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  6:56 PM Reply with quote
salam
so did da prophet (pbuh) celebrate every monday or just on his bday?
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 17, 2006  -  5:47 AM Reply with quote
The Prophet(pbuh) did fast on every monday. Actually he did not celebrated his birthday after a year. i.e "BirthDate" rather he celebrated his "Birth Day" which is Monday.

I hope I am able to clarify.
nuttynum

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 17, 2006  -  4:43 PM Reply with quote
thanks

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker