Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, March 6, 2006  -  5:08 PM Reply with quote
Beware of the intentions behind this site

The way Islam is being taught is not constructive. Those who are eager to learn are being set on a path of confusion at a very early stage.
Consult classical islam and then return to this site and listen to their arguments.

Edited by: mkwazeeri on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:39 PM
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  5:23 AM Reply with quote
AOA ,

What do u exactly want to say , Is this website is overall confusing or making confuse to new learner of islam.

May Allah guide us to right path.
Regards ,

Khaled
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  4:38 PM Reply with quote
This website is presenting a non-classical view of islam. There version of events and islam are not accepted by the majority.
This is not the starting point for anyone who wants to learn about islam.

This website is working as a recruitment point for whatever new islam these guys have developed.

Edited by: mkwazeeri on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:40 PM
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  4:49 PM Reply with quote
My advise to all is go learn classical islam and then come back and see if this appeals to you.
Don't allow your first step to be on the path of the minority.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  6:53 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

Several people have passed their allegations against the Scholars of this site and it would be beneficial if you argue by mentioning the things that you didnot like about this site or by mentioning the written material available on this site in your argument?
I also donot completely agree with all the explanations given by the Scholars of this site and I think every individual has the right to agree and disagree with them.

But their are several things that I like about the Scholars of this site.

Regards,

student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, March 7, 2006  -  7:02 PM Reply with quote
quote:

AOA ,

What do u exactly want to say , Is this website is overall confusing or making confuse to new learner of islam.

May Allah guide us to right path.
Regards ,

Khaled

Asalam Aalaikum,

I didnot understand what you are trying to say. Do you mean to say that those who already have some or sufficient knowledge of Islam are not being confused?

How can new learners of Islam be confused from such sites when they donot have knowledge of Islam?

As far as the brother is concerned, how can the brother be so sure about the intentions of the team behind this site?
If for example I am standing outside the college of girls waiting for the girls to come out and you ask me why am I standing here and If I reply that I am waiting for my sister who studies in this college, then what will be your opinion about it? You might think that I am standing outside the college just to stare at girls or you might believe me what I am saying ,all depends on you but you cannot judge the intentions of a person just by seeing his actions since Allah(swt) is the only one who is aware of the intentions of a person.

I hope you agree with me.

Edited by: student1 on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:09 PM
khaledgr8

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 8, 2006  -  6:26 AM Reply with quote
AOA ,

I agree with you. Actually now a days there are lot of dogmas have penetrated in our minds that are restraining to do true islamic research .If one has true belive in Allah how can he misguided.

Yes everyone has right to agree or disagree to these scholors.But i do not belive in on classical or Modern Islam.Islam has only one facet that is Religion of Allah .If these scholors is proving their points in the light of basic source of islam (QURAN & SUNNAH) . so what is strange in it.
If anyone has objection so he can disscus particular issue rather than calling all is confuse,

May Allah Guide us to right path

Regards
Khaled
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, March 8, 2006  -  7:26 AM Reply with quote
quote:

The way Islam is being taught is not constructive. Those who are eager to learn are being set on a path of confusion at a very early stage.
Consult classical islam and then return to this site and listen to their arguments.

Edited by: mkwazeeri on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 4:39 PM

dear mkwazeeri,
assalam alaikum,
plz keep your viewpoint more clearly and in detailed way with examples on these issues:
1.what do you mean by "way" and what should be the appropriate 'way' in your opinion?How can we make this constructive?(The way Islam is being taught is not constructive)
2.How this site is confusing the learners on a large scale.(Those who are eager to learn are being set on a path of confusion at a very early stage)
3.what is the meaning of classical islam?
To me ,anypoint of view if supported by Quran and Hadith, is enough to accept.
"What"is being said is more important than "who"is saying.
Hope you will reply soon to remoove the confusions created by this site in the minds of eager learners.
Jazakallah
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, March 8, 2006  -  8:29 AM Reply with quote
Well Ms mkwazeeri, let Me say that U r NOT correct in saying that "This website is presenting a non-classical view of islam" Bcoz It LOOKS that U urself Do NOT know the Classical View of Islam.
Do u Know that Imam Shafi'ee was of the Same View about Hadith that this site has?
Neverthelss One may say that " the View Of Islam Presented By this Site Does NOT match with the Existing view of islam"
BUT
Do u know that this Existing View is LESS than 100 year OLD???
So actually This Shud Be the "starting point" for everyone who wants to learn about Islam.
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 9, 2006  -  4:03 PM Reply with quote
Hadiths and Ayats can be interpreted in many ways so saying that having Quran and the Sunnah as the basis of an argument is pointless. The interpretations of the ayats and Hadhiths have been passed down and preserved by the Ulema.

The one thing which seperates muslims from the rest of the religions is the continuity in belief of the majority of muslims. Islam has been passed from person to person tracing back to the prophet(pbuh) himself.

There is a reason why the majority of muslims holds the classical view. The reason is that these debates have been held many times and the classical view has won.

After having failed to convince the scholars of islam the creators of this site have set out to recruit curious young muslims by only presenting their arguments.

If they indeed are right than their point of view should be put up against the Ulema not the students.

Internet is never the best place to learn about islam because you never know who is sitting on the other side of the screen.
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 9, 2006  -  4:23 PM Reply with quote
Good examples to prove my point

submission.org and free-minds.org
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Thursday, March 9, 2006  -  6:53 PM Reply with quote
well brother, i just checked one the wesite you suggested that is submission.org and checked their view on music in islam and dress code for woman which is incomplete harmony with the views presented on this site. I would suggest you to site back and compare all the basic beliefs presented here and the ones you are presenting as "classical islam" , and see what are similarities. If you find any differences, you can put your questions here for the scholars, and you may start an "intellectual debate" and try to prove your point with reasons and leave on the readers to decide what they think of this website. That would be more just and fair to do.
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 10, 2006  -  9:00 PM Reply with quote
Sobi
Those sites are not presented as Classical Islam, Follow the debate.

They are presented to show how Hadhiths and Ayats can be manipulated to interpret whatever you want.

The views in submission.org on music, dating, dress codes are unislamic, but they have used Quranic ayats to prove their points.

That is the reason why we should stick to classical islam and not follow whatever new fad pops up.
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 10, 2006  -  9:06 PM Reply with quote
A few Hadhiths on the subject of majority view

"The group on the right path, which will enter Paradise, will be the group which follows my Sunna and that of my Sahaba and this will be the LARGEST GROUP of Muslims." [Tirmizi, Imam Ahmad, Abu Daud, Mishkat]

The holy Prophet(Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said "Without doubt my Ummah will never be gathered in misguidance. Whenever you see disagreement, then hold fast to the Sawad-e-Azam (the great majority)" [Ibne Majah]

The holy Prophet(Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said " Follow the way of the largest group of Muslims! For, he who deviates from this group will be thrown into Hell!" [Ibne Majah]

The holy Prophet(Sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said "The devil continually pursues humans as a wolf pursues sheep. The wolf only dares to attack those sheep which have separated from the rest of the flock and are standing alone. And so, my followers and my devotees! Save yourselves from being caught in the traps of misguidance and firmly remain with the largest and most well known group of Muslims!" [ Imam Ahmed]
mkwazeeri

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 10, 2006  -  9:10 PM Reply with quote
BTW This thread is on the subject of classical islam Vs Contemporary Islam. I am not debating on any other specific subject.

I will once again advise you guys to study proper islam and then come back here and judge what is right.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Saturday, March 11, 2006  -  9:20 AM Reply with quote
One is Principle(usool) and other is subsidiary(fro').
No one(muslim) has difference in basic principles of Islam but subsidiaries have provision of more than one interpretation or point of views.

For example, Prayer(namaz)is to be prformed, cant be denied by anyone,but its timing,how to pray etc has room for different opinions.And these differences are also in classical islam.Thatswhy we see one group of muslim offers prayers in different way than that of others.They all have established rulings by the classical scholars to make/support their claims true.
This is natural and nothing wrong in it.
In the same way if you find something that" confuse"learners about the principles of islam then plz point out with reference.
ANd if not then they must be making the common learners more inquisitive about different aspects of islam,let them do the same.
May Allah guide us on the right path.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 1 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker