UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, February 21, 2006  -  10:51 PM Reply with quote
also check and pass on

http://islamalways.com/muhammad

as sent by sheikh yusuf estes
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Wednesday, February 22, 2006  -  9:34 AM Reply with quote
The muslims must remember how prophet himself have reacted in those situations when he was humiliated verbally or even physically.Hasnt he simply forgive them and said O Allah forgive them as they dont know what they are doing.We know only what is sunnah in namaz or recitation.we literally have forgot each and every sunnah of prophet related to the problems in real life.
NO muslim can say the act of burning public properties ,disturbing public life is islamic.
I am sure the cartoonist and his clan must be laughing sitting before TV sets watching muslims protestors being killed by their own policemen,burning government establishments resulting in making crores of rupees losses during closure of business activities,adding some more zeroes in the next instalment of loans coming from us and european countries.
Its shame to say we are lying not even in the category of violent muslims.We recieved one fatwa long back against rushdie and till now no one from this big violent protesters killed him or even tried to kill.Doesnt it means that we are just a community who is over emotional and its emotions goes down as soap bubble.
Is is really high time we should go through quran for guidence and for now let me quote for all of us:
YUSUFALI: Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs. ==
Plz see the word' patiently'and aren't we the most impatient community in the world and at the top of that expecting Allah's help without following his commands.
How foolish..

Edited by: RAUSHAN on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:34 AM

Edited by: RAUSHAN on Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:17 AM
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, February 22, 2006  -  7:02 PM Reply with quote
>>http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/736

Danish Paper Apologizes. Dutch Cartoon on Its Way

“In our opinion the 12 cartoons were moderate and not intended to be insulting. They did not go against Danish laws, but have evidently offended many Muslims, for which we apologize. Meanwhile a couple of offending cartoons have circulated in the Muslim world which were never published in Jyllands-Posten and which we would never have published if they had been offered to us. We would have dismissed them on the grounds that they breached our ethical limits.”

>>http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/722

Norway Apologizes over Muhammad Cartoons

Foreign Minister, Jonas Gahr Støre, a leading member of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg’s Workers’ Party, wrote the following e-mail to the Norwegian embassies:

I am sorry that the publication of a few cartoons in the Norwegian paper Magazinet has caused unrest among Muslims. I fully understand that these drawings are seen to give offence by Muslims worldwide. Islam is a spiritual reference point for a large part of the world. Your faith has the right to be respected by us.

The cartoons in the Christian paper Magazinet are not constructive in building the bridges which are necessary between people with different religious and ethnic backgrounds. Instead they contribute to suspicion and unnecessary conflict.

Let it be clear that the Norwegian government condemns every expression or act which expresses contempt for people on the basis of their religion or ethnic origin. Norway has always supported the fight of the UN against religious intolerance and racism, and believes that this fight is important in order to avoid suspicion and conflict. Tolerance, mutual respect and dialogue are the basis values of Norwegian society and of our foreign policy.

Freedom of expression is one of the pillars of Norwegian society. This includes tolerance for opinions that not everyone shares. At the same time our laws and our international obligations enforce restrictions for incitement to hatred or hateful expressions.
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, February 22, 2006  -  7:18 PM Reply with quote
Two view points:

IRFAN HUSSAIN - LOOKING WITHIN

>>http://www.dawn.com/weekly/mazdak/mazdak.htm

Secular values in the West have made religion very much a personal matter. In Islam, as several readers have reminded me in response to my article last week, there is no dividing line between personal faith and public life. This is something difficult for Europeans to grasp.

Indeed, for years, Europeans have allowed waves of Muslim immigrants and their children to act according to their beliefs, giving them permission to build mosques and to teach Islamic studies at school. In Britain, firms have to provide Muslim employees with a prayer area, and to ensure that meetings are not scheduled to clash with prayer timings.

Needless to say, such freedom of religion is not given to Christians in most Muslim countries. In Saudi Arabia, not a single church exists, and no copy of the Bible is publicly available. In Pakistan, churches are often attacked, and most of its Christians are almost second-class citizens, whatever the rhetoric. In Turkey, a Catholic priest was shot dead during the anti-cartoon protests.

Understandably, attitudes in the West towards Islam and Muslims are hardening. The recent legislation in Britain aimed at those who ‘glorify’ terrorism is a case in point: clearly aimed at Muslim clerics who have been praising suicide bombings in their Friday sermons, the new law is designed to stop mullahs from delivering hate-filled, anti-Western propaganda.

The fact is that Muslim immigrants have been far slower than other communities to assimilate into societies they have chosen to live in. Their open abhorrence for western values like gender equality, liberal attitudes towards homosexuality, and the freedom of expression makes many people here wonder why Muslims have elected to live among them. Muslims are certainly not as tolerant of diversity within their own societies.

M.J. AKBAR - LOOKING OUTSIDE

http://www.dawn.com/2006/02/17/ed.htm#4

By M.J. Akbar

The writer is editor-in-chief of Asian Age based in New Delhi.

Danish penal code.....Section 140 adds, “Those who publicly mock or insult the doctrines or worship of any religious community that is legal in this country, will be punished by a fine or incarceration for up to four months.”

There are laws in Europe by which anyone denying the Holocaust can end up in jail, and a poor British historian is in an Austrian jail at the moment for doing so.

The Danish prime minister, who is desperate for a peaceful dialogue now, held no press conferences then. Eleven ambassadors of Muslim countries wanted to talk to him. They got a polite letter which they construed as a snub.

It has now emerged, thanks to a story in the Guardian, that the same Danish newspaper rejected a series of cartoons against Jesus some three years ago because they were deemed to be offensive. It was the correct decision. Journalists like the editor of the German publication Die Welt, who has gone on record to say that the publication of the cartoons is “at the core of our culture” would not find enough freedom in his press to publish a cartoon (produced in a British newspaper, the Independent, in January 2003) showing Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon dining off Palestinian babies.

The International Herald Tribune of February 9 reported that Fleming Rose, cultural editor of Jyllands-Posten (the Danish newspaper that started the controversy) told CNN that his paper was ready to publish cartoons of the Holocaust that were being encouraged by an irresponsible Iranian newspaper, as if two wrongs added up to a right. His newspaper, however, quickly denied any such intentions.

I was in Britain last weekend when this storm was raging. I don’t think that British newspapers have any less desire for a free press than their Continental counterparts. And yet, none of them published the cartoons, although there was doubtless pressure to do so.
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 27, 2006  -  6:49 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Wa Alaikum us Salaam

Yes, Surely the freedom of speech Has gone to the extreme thru these Cartoons
BUT
We should record our protest in peacfull and batter way
&
We should also Accept their Apologies
AND
I THINK WE SHOUL GIVE DUE CONSIDERATION TO BROTHER SHARIF'S POINT VIEW TOO

Asalam Aalaikum,

They didnot apologize for all that they have done, instead they are justifying their act by calling it a freedom of speech.

Regards,
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 27, 2006  -  7:21 AM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum,

I have a question related to the incident of cartoon, although I thought to post the question directly to Mr. Tariq on his e-mail but then I thought that I should post it here in this discussion which will give chance to express their views on it.

After the asar prayer, the Imam of our Mosque talked about the incident of cartoon in his bayan.He stated that this act is the most greatest sin commited by those persons and if they regret and repent for commiting such act then they can be forgiven but if they donot admit this act as a sin and donot repent for it, then they should be punished to death.

He also mentioned that this is not something new even when Prophet(pbuh) was alive, kufars use to attack his personality in different ways.

The Imam also mentioned some incidents that occured during the lifetime of Prophet(pbuh) when a person by the name Abu Afq(or I think Af) who was a famous poet in Prophet(pbuh)'s life time and he dared to insult our beloved Prophet in his poetry.
One of the Companions of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) after hearing this ,couldnot tolerate and warned Abu Afq from insulting our beloved Prophet(pbuh)in his poetry but he continued his job of attacking the personality of Prophet(pbuh) in his poetry which resulted in his murder. The person who murdered him was the same Companion who warned him and when he informed Prophet(pbuh) that he killed Abu Afq who use to insult his personality in his poetry ,then Prophet(pbuh) declared that he should not be punished for murdering Abu Afq.

Their were other incidents that our Imam mentioned during his bayan about the act of insult or disrespect against Prophet(pbuh) which took place during his lifetime.

What our Imam meant to say that those people who commited this act should be killed or punished to death.

Now their are several people in this forum who state that Prophet(pbuh) in his lifetime always ordered muslims to be tolerant and to hold the rope of patience. Some of my brothers in this forum have also stated that in his life time several people attacked his reputation and virtues but Prophet(pbuh) didnot say anything to them.
If this is true, then what are your views about the incidents from the history that our Imam has mentioned in his bayan? If our beloved Prophet(pbuh) didnot conduct any punishment on the murderer who killed Abu Afq and allowed him to move freely on the streets ,than don't you think that it is allowed to kill such people even in our life time?

I would appreciate if moderators of this thread give their views on it.

Regards,
Nauman

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, February 27, 2006  -  12:11 PM Reply with quote
As-Salaamu Alaikum Student1,

There is no prescribed punishment for the blasphemy in Islam. A state has a right to legislate a suitable punishment in this regard. I personally believe that a fine and a prisonment, according to the circumstances, should be given.

Quote: what are your views about the incidents from the history that our Imam has mentioned in his bayan? If our beloved Prophet(pbuh) didnot conduct any punishment on the murderer who killed Abu Afq and allowed him to move freely on the streets ,than don't you think that it is allowed to kill such people even in our life time?

I am quite sure that your Imam does not agree with the law of God regarding the direct addresses of the Rasool who reject him. If you analyze these incidences in the light of this principle, it is quite clear that all these people were rejecters.

Killing any individual on blasphemy today would be a clearly violation of the Qur'an (Al-Maaidah 5: 32) which has restricted the death sentence to only murder or Fasaad (Creating unrest). I hope that you also believe that blasphemy is not Fasaad.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Monday, February 27, 2006  -  3:14 PM Reply with quote
dear student1,
Every problems naturally have more than one solution due to differences in opinion (read differences in interpretation of text).
This problem too have like many other fiqhi problems different opinions.
One says be pateint other says kill the cartoonist.
those who are with the opinion to be pateint are doing what they say.
Now those who are saying to kill this cartoonist also following the first one practically.
If they really believed what they are saying they must be in denmark now.
Mere lip service isnt enough.

DONT PREACH WHAT YOU DONT DO.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 5, 2006  -  12:22 AM Reply with quote

Salamz ^_^ couldnt be bothered to read the thread but ive been wanting to say this for a while so im gonna get it off my chest now.

as a person who lives in Britain, Allah knows how far away from denmark that is, i feel that it is not my responsibility to boycot products and go to riots that achieve nothing but a black eye.

i live here, in England, where there are other issues, issues that i need to look after etc etc and i just feel that denmark is not my territory.

call me an awful Muslim or whatever but i didnt even feel all that offended when i heard about these cartoons. i have faith in my brothers and sisters in denmark. they'll handle this. i need to handle the problems in england.

and i think boycotting is dumb. it indirectly harms innocent denmarkians, including our bros and sisters in Islam.

and whats with these pointless riots and marches??? people die so that the Dutch government can laugh and say haha look what we did to them. with a bit of ink on paper, they're all killing eachother. ha ha.

anyway im tired and you're all probably thinking ASTAGHFIRULLAH HOW DARE SHE SAY SUCH THINGS but really i dont care, even IM watching the news and seeing my bros and sis's in pakistan, PAKISTAN its not even in Europe for pete's sake, blowing themselves up because of the 'cartoons', the irony is almost hilarious if only it wasnt soaked in a layer of death and reality.

that doesnt make sense but heck its late and my brains are toasted because of chemistry revision.

Wassalam .xXx.
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 5, 2006  -  12:28 AM Reply with quote

oh yeah and i cant be bothered to boycot. danish pastries taste way too good. .xXx.
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, March 5, 2006  -  9:19 AM Reply with quote
translation by yousuf ali

186. Latublawunna fee amwalikum waanfusikum walatasmaAAunna mina allatheena ootoo alkitaba min qablikum wamina allatheena ashrakoo athan katheeran wa-in tasbiroo watattaqoo fa-inna thalika min AAazmi al-omoori

186. Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.

source:http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/00319.htm

Edited by: raushan on Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:22 AM
raushan

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Posted - Sunday, March 5, 2006  -  11:10 AM Reply with quote
12. Wama lana alla natawakkala AAala Allahi waqad hadana subulana walanasbiranna AAala ma athaytumoona waAAala Allahi falyatawakkali almutawakkiloona

12. "No reason have we why we should not put our trust on Allah. Indeed He Has guided us to the Ways we (follow). We shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us. For those who put their trust should put their trust on Allah."(14:12)
translation by yousuf ali
http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/01402.htm
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 10, 2006  -  12:08 AM Reply with quote
"But let us not confuse grapefruits for oranges. Let us understand that the European and modern (Oh, all right, ‘secular’) thinking on the issue of ‘religious freedom’ is not based on “respect for religious beliefs and faith in God Almighty”. We may be hung up on our religion and all that, but for others the ‘respect’ is not for religion per se, but only for the civic right of everyone to make their own religious choices and not suffer any consequences for so doing. Let me ask you: do you seriously ‘respect’ all religions, including all the hundreds of outlandish ones? "

The above is an extract from a column in Daily Times of 15.2.06. I would like to invite comments of the members keeping in view the recent furor on Danish cartoons.
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  8:25 PM Reply with quote
Exhibition on the Life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

At

The Islamic Cultural Centre and The London Central Mosque

From

Saturday 22nd April 2006

Until

Tuesday 25th April 2006

Opening Times from 12pm until 8pm daily

“And We have sent you (O Muhammad) not but as a mercy for the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).”
The Holy Qur’an Surah al-Anbiyaa. - (The Prophets) 21:107

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels."
Michael H. Hart, "The 100: A-Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History", New York, 1978.

This exhibition highlights:

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as a Messenger of Allah and a receiver of revelation from Allah.
Previous Prophets of Allah including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus amongst others (peace be upon them all).
The divine birth and noble life of Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) as revealed in the Qur’an.
The Life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in Makkah.
The Life of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in Madinah.
The call of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to worship Allah alone without any partners.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the leader.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the family man.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) the statesman.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the far reaching rights he gave to women, orphans, the poor and needy and those that were oppressed.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his message of equality of all people regardless of colour or race.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his mercy to other faiths.
Prophet Muhammad’s (peace be upon him) call for justice for everyone be they rich or poor.
See the Exhibition Islam web site for more details on the content of this Exhibition: www.exhibitionislam.com

Please view our web site for the latest information and new exhibitions.

If we can be of any further assistance please contact one of the Exhibition Islam Team.

Walakum-as-salaam

Exhibition Islam Team

M - 07956 509725
E - info@exhibitionislam.com
W - www.exhibitionislam.com

Exhibition Islam
Exhibition Islam is an independent non-profit making organisation which works with others to help promote Islam in a high quality and professional manner.

Exhibition Islam has a huge range of resources which can be used as part of an event. We can assist with posters, multimedia and artwork from international artist. If security and secure cabinets are available, there is also the possibility of the loan of rare Islamic coins and a very rare Qur’an collection. We have a full and complete exhibition service, and the exhibition team is dedicated to presenting Islam in the best possible way.

You can view some pictures from previous Exhibition Islam events at our website www.exhibitionislam.com. To give you an idea of our track record we have held exhibition in other 60 locations in the UK, including the opening of the London Muslim Centre (LMC), a major exhibition at Regents Park Mosque attended by over 15,000 people. We have helped in an exhibition with Edinburgh Mosque which was attended by over 23,000 people. An exhibition was also held at the London Docklands, Headquarters of HSBC and more recently at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford which is the UK oldest Museum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 19, 2006  -  1:09 AM Reply with quote
QUOTE: - After the asar prayer, the Imam of our Mosque talked about the incident of cartoon in his bayan. He also mentioned that this is not something new even when Prophet (pbuh) was alive, kufars use to attack his personality in different ways.

I think nobody other than Urdu speaking/reading/writing knows the meaning of such words like bayan, kufars etc and similar others. I suggest, for those especially who do not know, to give the meaning of such words within a bracket.

QUOTE: -If this is true, then what are your views about the incidents from the history that our Imam has mentioned in his bayan? If our beloved Prophet(pbuh) didnot conduct any punishment on the murderer who killed Abu Afq and allowed him to move freely on the streets ,than don't you think that it is allowed to kill such people even in our life time?

I do not believe in this incident in the life of the Prophet (pbuh). I believe that the Prophet (pbuh) was NEVER revengeful personally or allowed someone for such acts.
tilawat

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 20, 2006  -  12:40 AM Reply with quote
The problem to day is that the Islam which was based originally on purely oral communication meant especially for an illiterate nation (Ummi Arabs) has spread all over the world having heaps of literature spread over centuries past. Naturally some contradictions crept in especially between the Quran and Hadees, which have become all the more evident with the advent of Internet, which has virtually reduced the world to a global village. For instance, the Quran says about the prophet:
“And We have sent you (O Muhammad) not but as a mercy for the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).”
The Holy Qur’an Surah al-Anbiyaa. - (The Prophets) 21:107

But a Hadees says:

"Sunnan Abu-Dawud
Book 38, Number 4348:
Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:
A blind man had a slave-mother (A slave-woman bearing children but not treated as a wife) who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.
He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.
He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.
Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood."

I wonder how can one reconcile the image of the prophet presented in Quran and Hadees. Naturally the Quran should prevail but no one dares to say this. Instead they have enacted a law of blasphemy based on the above hadees which stipulates the punishment of death for blasphemy when the Hadees actually can be interpreted to give any body (even a blind one) to act as a judge, jury and executioner, all in one, at the same time. And this is what is actually being practiced in the Pakland. Peoples some times punish their personal enemies by accusing them of blasphemy, which being a subjective concept can anyhow lend to any interpretation. In any case, there is no scope either in Quran or Hadees for taking out processions even the peaceful ones not to speak of the ones causing indiscriminate destruction. This is a purely new phenomenon caused by globalisation, which defies comprehension. We can only pray,” May God save Islam from the Mullah whose Deen is nothing but 'Deen-e-Fassaad".

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Next page >>
Page 2 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker