Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
StudyingIslamUK

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Wednesday, February 1, 2006  -  1:38 AM Reply with quote
Home makers/House wives and Time Management

Could we have some tips about the fact that how could house wives /home makers(please tell me which title most of you prefer) can find some time to study Islam or help around in the community besides the busy home tasks schedules. Some of our local circle ladies have tried cutting down T.V. and telephone chats and they think it works.
Would be nice to have more ideas to see what else can we do to find more time.
Sumayyah

USA
Posted - Friday, February 3, 2006  -  12:29 AM Reply with quote
Asalaam 'Alaikum:

When I look at how my time gets spent throughout a day - I have found several things that can definitely waste time. I have some friends who only have one child and don't realize how hard it is - not to mention time consuming to raise two children and also homeschool. Thus, they call and want to talk for hours. I have started not answering the phone and returning calls when I have the time (and try to limit the calls). Sometimes this helps because you call them when you are free and sometimes they are busy and have to make the call short. Also, we don't have a telvision - but I am sure that it will free up time if you find yourself watching it. Another thing that is beneficial - the computer - can also be a great time waster. While you can do things that are "beneficial" it can take a lot of time from other things that you may need to do.

I recently have been trying to assess my days and see where all the time goes. I'm working on making my time more managed and less wasted - if that makes sense.

Since I am going to start homeschooling I find that this will be absolutely essential to my success - and also if I want to continue my own studies.

I hope this may help in some way, insha'Allah.

Asalaam 'Alaikum,
Sumayyah Umm Sadiqah wa Asma
Sumayyah

USA
Posted - Friday, February 3, 2006  -  12:32 AM Reply with quote
Asalaam 'Alaikum:

I also remember back in the days when I was working that there was some book on how to get rid of "time wasters" in business - although we are "stay at home moms" and don't do much (he he), this may be a good book to look at. I know it talks also about having people leave messages and returning calls when you are available, etc. I'll have to look around and see if I can find the title of the book.

Asalaam 'Alaikum,
Sumayyah Umm Sadiqah wa Asma
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, February 20, 2006  -  6:35 PM Reply with quote
do post in if you found about it.i'm sure it'll be helpful.
also we hv announced recently that we need members who can coordinate with their community groups on forums e.g. this one for home makers; which would not involve much more than initiating an interesting and useful discussion to get more ideas and sharing of vews in order to get the most out of this Communities project.
let me know on
hkhan135@aol.com or
stislam@brain.net.pk
llina

GERMANY
Posted - Tuesday, March 14, 2006  -  1:45 PM Reply with quote
asssalamu aleikum
i found it helpful to print the studying modules one at a time and work on it when there is a possibility. So it is still new and does not need to be read all at the computer. The test then can be taken when there is a silent time.
ma assalama
llina
Meryam2511

GERMANY
Posted - Wednesday, March 15, 2006  -  9:14 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu aleikum,
I prefer to do my studies in the evening. I found out this is the best time after a busy day at the office or at home to calm down and to focus on my studies. It´s really helpful to print out the modules, because sometimes it´s difficult to read and understand everything in front of a computer. Wa aleikum assalam Meryam
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, April 4, 2006  -  2:09 PM Reply with quote
also the audio versions cn be taken along i guess.
something happened last night which jst reminded me further how important it is to utilize our times in the best of ways and i thought i wud definitely add this to the homemakers section as i wished to share this such an imp. reminder with you all.
one of the home makers colleagues called me last night seeking doctor's advice. she is mash'Allah a person of strong faith which is helping her go through what she is going through. to cut short she is aged less than 30 and a mother of a few children, facing terminal illness of a cancer and sorting out things for her children including Will etc. preparing for her death which she expects not far.not only that, worst is that she is compelled to get rid of the little new life in her womb as well otherwise it will die because of the cancer anyway!

i jst felt these are reminders for us all regarding our time and resources, health and life we hv...to be used in the best of the ways possible in our individual situations.

Edited by: hkhan on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:14 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker