Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, November 28, 2005  -  11:39 PM Reply with quote
Update Studying Islam Communities. Nov'05

Update Studying Islam Communities. Nov'05

Update Communities @ Studying Isam These updates depend on the reports we receive from our community memebrs. Members may post us with any communal building activity they are involved with in their individual areas all over the world. This will be an inspiration for other members and visitors to the site. We have added a few news only which we received although we are sure there has been a lot more hard work done everywhere at every level and we wish to hear from as many as possible.

The contacts of community members who belong to various professions are available on the Communities forum who can be contacted directly or via forums.
We are pleased that members are using these available contacts and keeping in touch.

Serving Humanity sister site, www.serving-humanity.net, was launched on 1st Ramada'n, 6th Oct'05 which happened to be a day before the South East Asian Earthquake. In the 1st instance doctors' Chapter is being organized on Serving Humanity and it will be followed up by other professionals' chapters.

Events organized locally by various individuals to help Earh quake victims were supported as was the effort to rehabilitate female child victims of the earth quake.

Doctors and other professionals in various areas of the world organized various events for the same. In UK there were a few and one of them was organized by our communities members where they raised £35000 along with Islamic Relief.
From U.S. Chapter:
A fundraising dinner for the same was organized and more than $100,000 raised.
We are thankful to PIA UK who helped us send packs of medicines along with doctors to the effected areas by the South Asian Earthquake.

We are also thankful to the Western union who waived off the fee from the donation money sent for same.

Almawrid university of Islamic Sciences organized helicopters to carry aid directly to the victims.

Emails received for advice from doctors and members were given individual advice by relevant specialities on Studying Islam communities in the meantime.

Earlier fundraising fair and a 3 week Islamic exhibition was displayed in the local community centres and Central library respectively.

Members are requested to send suggestions to serving.humanity@gmail.com, to make the best out of this Community building project.

TextMay God accept everyone's effort in this regard and help us make out the best of our projects to help communities regardless of cast, colour and creed.amen.

with warm regards
The Team @ Studying Islam
www.studying-islam.org

Edited by: hkhan on Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:54 PM
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, December 10, 2005  -  1:56 PM Reply with quote
Asalam Aaalaikum,

We can contribute through different ways in this Community and I think the Community of Studying Islam can also play a great role in providing assistance to the earth quake victims.

The members of studying-islam.org can directly contact the government of Pakistan and ask them about the current situation in the region of earth quake and I am pretty sure that the Government of Pakistan can provide great information about it and then the members of studying-islam community can provide their services to the earth quake victims in the best way that is possible.

May Allah(swt) accept our efforts and accept our intentions of helping the earth quake victims.

Regards,
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, December 12, 2005  -  9:55 AM Reply with quote
thnx for the useful links and suggestions student 1.(btw has your email add. changed? i wrote to you asking your welfare when there was a bomb blast in your area; but did not get a reply.. hope all was well. you are atleast; thats why you are here alhamdulillah )

also one of our dear friends richard has emailed me the following link which reminds us about the earthquake saying that apparently people are forgotting about it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4509284.stm

wassala'm
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 27, 2005  -  4:56 PM Reply with quote
quote:

thnx for the useful links and suggestions student 1.(btw has your email add. changed? i wrote to you asking your welfare when there was a bomb blast in your area; but did not get a reply.. hope all was well. you are atleast; thats why you are here alhamdulillah )

also one of our dear friends richard has emailed me the following link which reminds us about the earthquake saying that apparently people are forgotting about it.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4509284.stm
wassala'm

Asalam Aalaikum,

Thank you Hkhan for your concern,sorry for the delay in reply since I was pretty busy with my studies.
Yes their was a bomb blast in Karachi, near sheraton Hotel but I live far from that region.

Everyone is alright here and I hope you and the entire team of studying-islam is in good health.

May Allah(swt) strengthen our faith and protect us from any kind of disaster.

Their is a special request from me,in coming may/june I'll be taking my A-level exam of Physics and Maths and I'll be grateful to you if you pray for my success in the exams. I am pretty nervous since I unfortunately couldnot pass A-level Physics exam in the 1st attempt. This is my 2nd attempt of Physics exam.

Please do remember me in your prayer.

Regards,
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, January 1, 2006  -  3:05 PM Reply with quote
w'assalam student 1
i'm sure Allah will reward you for your hard work and you will pass with good grades. our prayers remain with you.

best wishes
alhamdulillah that you all were safe. there was a blast in oil tanks about 20 miles from us as well last month. alhamdulillah there was no harm to life.

(ps can you suggest something to a I.T. student, of about your age but who wishes to work as his family needs support. i asked a couple of other I.T. community members who thought he was underage for work. Xain . his cv is in the cv forum farhan has set up and email as well. in your time plz contact him or refer to someone you think could be of use)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker