Page 6 of 7

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, October 26, 2008  -  4:21 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum

Dear aboo
in regards to your questions, the wisdom behind the act was how and why, it was done not what was done, in addition i do not personally see this as "terrorizing" very strong word u are using and not one i feel at all suited to the situation.

second quote
maybe aboo you should apply for a post of moderator not off topic i feel as subject of women going out alone raised by a number of sisters in addition do sisters not have to go out alone to visit the mosque for prayers hence have to mingle with non maharam men. It would be nice if perhaps instead of appearing very negative in terms of the posts that have been placed you instead give us your views on the topic.

finally
(and this i feel is off topic)

If we are all belonging to the Ummah of prophet Mohammed s.a.w following the same Quran and teachings of Quran and Sunnah should there be so many diverse opinions.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Monday, October 27, 2008  -  5:33 AM Reply with quote
Wa alaikum assalam w.r.w.b.

quote:

...........i do not personally see this as "terrorizing" very strong word.........

Ok, let me put it this way: "Creating fear in the mind of someone by false/fabricted means of threatening"

Now pleaase tell me if that is approved in Islam more so when the reason (motive/niyyah)behind such an act is to make someone submit to your will due to such induced fear.

An act cannot be justified merely on the grounds that it is attributed to the companions of the Prophet.

Allah s.w.t. has indeed forgiven them and conveyed the good news that He is plesed with them.
quote:

you should apply for a post of moderator

Again off topic. The moderators have been repeatedly reminding us that the members can freely post their frank opinion.
quote:

.........go out alone to visit the mosque for prayers hence have to mingle with non maharam men......

You dont stand shoulder to shoulder with men but should form your own rows at the back or within a screened enclosure.

quote:

.......... should there be so many diverse opinions.

Al-Anfal (The Spoils of War) 8:29

يِا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ إَن تَتَّقُواْ اللّهَ يَجْعَل لَّكُمْ فُرْقَاناً وَيُكَفِّرْ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ وَاللّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ

8:29 O ye who believe! if ye fear Allah, He will grant you a criterion (to judge between right and wrong), remove from you (all) evil (that may afflict) you, and forgive you: for Allah is the Lord of grace unbounded.

Edited by: aboosait on Monday, October 27, 2008 5:43 AM
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, November 5, 2008  -  5:08 AM Reply with quote
sisterinislam UNITED KINGDOM Posted - Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:21 PM
quote:

Assalamu Alaikum

Dear aboo
..........the wisdom behind the act was how and why, it was done .......

Dear sisterinislam,
Wa alaikum assalam w.r.w.b.

Thus you can see from my above explaination as to how and why, it was done .

Do you still justify the allegation and believe it to be wisdom?

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:09 AM
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, November 5, 2008  -  6:09 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakahtuh.

dear Aboosait,
It is not for either of us to judge the actions of a sahaba a companion of the prophet s.a.w. for it is Allah who is the judge of all actions of insaan and it would be wise for you to remember that. It is also classed as a sunnah when the prophet s.a.w remained quiet regarding an issue and to my knowledge the prophet s.a.w never commented on the act. Again i will add that the wisdom was in WHY? the act was done. It was not carried out to and i will use your words

"Creating fear in the mind of someone by false/fabricted means of threatening"

This was her husband and it was done to encourage her to follow the directions of the prophet s.a.w. as to doing what was best for her.

would you not want what was best for your wife.

Finally my dear brother in islam please forgive me if this offends you it is not intended to do so merely a constructive critisism, i find your QUOTE and COMMENT style of post very unconstructive towards passing on and receiving of knowledge quoting quran and hadith with minute comments does not explain the reasoning behind it.
And Allah most certainly knows best.

ps sorry for the delay in replying i have had problems with my pc
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, November 5, 2008  -  12:36 PM Reply with quote
wa Alaikum Assalam, rahmatullahi wa barakahtuhu.

quote:

.......and to my knowledge the prophet s.a.w never commented on the act...

Does that mean that the Prophet Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam WAS INFORMED OF THE matter and yet he did not comment on it? Please produce your proof.

quote:

It was not carried out to and i will use your words

"Creating fear in the mind of someone by false/fabricted means of threatening"

But you said he hid somewhere and pelted stones on her.

quote:

This was her husband and it was done to encourage her to follow the directions of the prophet s.a.w. as to doing what was best for her.

So do you infer from that story that a husband can adopt any means to make his wife obey.

quote:

.........i find your QUOTE and COMMENT style of post very unconstructive..........

Kindly elaboate and suggest a better method.

quote:

.......quoting quran and hadith with minute comments does not explain the reasoning behind it ..........

Qur'an and Hadith are for us to learn and to follow -- not for explaining the reasoning behind anyone's action.

Edited by: aboosait on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:47 PM
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, November 5, 2008  -  2:06 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

Dear brother Aboosait.

please re check my post and quote I said to "my knowledge" I do not claim

to be knowledgeable, can YOU provide the evidence that the prophet s.a.w was NOT told of the incident, after all it has been passed down to us all these years later and the sahabah were closer to the prophet s.a.w. than we are.

brother Aboo for someone who is so fond of quoting i thought you would have got this one right
The words i used in my post if you look back were,

"hiding behind a tree and throwing stones at her"

This is a long way im sure you will agreefrom the word you used "pelted" with all respect brother i think you are gettin a little over excited in your description of this act.
And no a man does not have the right to adopt any means to make his wife obey and nowhere in my posts have i expressed or implied this opinion.
The prophet s.a.w says He is best who is best to his wife and i am best to my wife. The treatment of women is also mentioned in the last speech of the prophet s.a.w

Quran and Hadith go hand in hand brother but please remember that revelations came to the prophet s.a.w at various times according to conditions and occasions also when sometimes after the prophet s.a.w. was asked a question he s.a.w refered it to Allah subanalla wa taallah and gave his reply sometime later therefore you cannot just quote quran and hadith you have to be aware of when and why revelations came and what was the times and circumstances that led up to the prophet s.a.w issuing the orders and advice he did.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, November 6, 2008  -  2:49 AM Reply with quote
Wa Alaikum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
quote:

can YOU provide the evidence that the prophet s.a.w was NOT told of the incident,

Only Allah s.w.t. knows the answer to such a question.

By the way in what way is that question elevant? I am forced to ask you this because whatever the Prophet or anybody for that matter "told" or "pactised" would only pass on in the form of writing or by word of mouth.

quote:

you cannot just quote quran and hadith

Then whose words are acceptable to you other than the words of Allah s.w.t. and the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam?

quote:

you have to be aware of when and why revelations came and what was the times and circumstances that led up to the prophet s.a.w issuing the orders and advice he did.

Jazakallahu khair for that reminder.

Every Order in the Qur'an had an immediate aplication and a direction for future application in similar circumstances and this has been clearly explained in the Sunnah of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam. Thus you cannot turn down an Order terming it a historical event.
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, November 6, 2008  -  7:42 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakahtu

Dear brother Aboosait,

It is unfortunate that you now appear to be doing what so many of the so called scholars of today are doing they are taking words and seperating them to re make the meaning they require, my words and i quote

" you cannot just quote quran and hadith you have to be aware of when and why revelations came and what was the times and circumstances that led up to the prophet s.a.w issuing the orders and advice he did" these words were one sentence, they should not therefore be seperated in order for you to question my beleif in quran and sunnah.
going back to your first quote lots of the practices of the prophet mohammed s.a.w have been and astigfirallah if this is not a good example the 20 rakats of taraweeh salah and to conclude and going back to the root of this topic the saying of the prophet s.a.w. that the best place for a woman to pray is in the home.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, November 6, 2008  -  6:01 PM Reply with quote
Wa Alaikum Assalamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

quote:

.......... taking words and seperating them to re make the meaning they require,...............

quote:

" you cannot just quote quran and hadith you have to be aware of when and why revelations came and what was the times and circumstances that led up to the prophet s.a.w issuing the orders and advice he did" these words were one sentence, they should not therefore be seperated in order for you to question my beleif in quran and sunnah..............

The whole paragraph is one sentence ?

quote:

Quran and Hadith go hand in hand brother but please remember that revelations came to the prophet s.a.w at various times according to conditions and occasions also when sometimes after the prophet s.a.w. was asked a question he s.a.w refered it to Allah subanalla wa taallah and gave his reply sometime later therefore you cannot just quote quran and hadith you have to be aware of when and why revelations came and what was the times and circumstances that led up to the prophet s.a.w issuing the orders and advice he did.

Kindly repost the above pararaph with suitable punctuation marks so hat I can edit my reply accordingly.
sisterinislam

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, November 8, 2008  -  6:29 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear brother Aboosait.
I beleive my words are self explanatory withhout the need for retype. I joined this site to learn and maybe pass on my limited knowledge of islam. if i require an english lesson, at any point i will find an internet site that will offer me this facility.
I also do not feel to continue with this conversation is constructive as you seem to trying to abase the things i am saying without giving a constructive argument or proof for your constant disagreements with the points i have raised.
May Allah grant all muslims Ilm and the Hikmat to be able to understand and use that Ilm in our daily lives.
your sister in islam always inshallah
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Saturday, November 8, 2008  -  6:50 AM Reply with quote
quote:

....I beleive my words are self explanatory withhout the need for retype.

Wa Alaikum Assalamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

No need to retype. But none other than you can arrive at exactly the intended maning unless you proide punctuation marks.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, November 9, 2008  -  5:14 AM Reply with quote
ialso i think, masjids have to provide standard religious education and a standard spiritual environment in order to attract men, women or children of the community;if the sermons are just based on appeals for donation and 'barakah stories' of the sufis of the past, then i suppose it is going to be more a waste of time for the people attanding except the reward of the congregational prayer insh'Allah which they will not lose.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, December 3, 2008  -  1:47 PM Reply with quote
quote:

ialso i think, masjids have to provide standard religious education and a standard spiritual environment in order to attract men, women or children of thecommunity;if the sermons are just based on appeals for donation and 'barakah stories' of the sufis of the past, then i suppose it is going to be more a waste of time for the people attanding except the reward of the congregational prayer insh'Allah which they will not lose.

My experience says that the Mullahs whose sermons are just based on appeals for donation and 'barakah stories' of the sufis of the past do not allow women to enter the mosque.

It is the other type; those whose sermon is Qur'an and Sunnah that provide facilities in the masjid for womwn to pray.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, December 3, 2008  -  10:41 PM Reply with quote
yes i think its mostly right;but i have seen masjids here in uk where a 'pir sahib' is buried in one of the rooms and large number of women attend the friday prayers in order to lave their requests 'mannat' with the pir sahib..(e.g. ghamkol shareef mosque in birmingham. br. ahmed farouq lives close to it and knows much more) similar events happen in the Diamond mosque of slough, royal county. most members will be able to recall such in their areas which is a sad story and demands more efforts for education of the local communities.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, December 4, 2008  -  11:14 AM Reply with quote
quote:

.................. large number of women attend the friday prayers in order to lave their requests 'mannat' with the pir sahib..(e.g. ghamkol shareef mosque in birmingham)...........similar events happen in the Diamond mosque of slough, royal county...............

I am reminded of what a senior engineer in charge of the airconditiong plant at the Prophet's mosque in Madinah told me last January.

• "People drop requests addressed to the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam written on paper through the grills of the air conditioning system around the pillars of the mosque which has resulted in damage to several of the Air Handling Units in the basement."

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, December 04, 2008 1:26 PM
umarbaig

INDIA
Posted - Sunday, December 14, 2008  -  12:06 PM Reply with quote
quote:

…………….. very unconstructive towards passing on and receiving of knowledge quoting quran and hadith with minute comments does not explain the reasoning behind it

Divine commandments don’t need any reasoning.
2: 2. This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil).
2: 3. Who believe in the Unseen,
and establish worship, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them;

2: 4. And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter.
quote:

………… so many of the so called scholars of today are doing they are taking words and seperating them to re make the meaning they require………….

You are correct! The so called modern muslims has adapted this short cut method.
quote:

…………. my limited knowledge of islam…………….

You are correct and I agree!
quote:

…………. i am saying without giving a constructive argument or proof…………..

You are correct and thanks for confessing!

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 6 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker