oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, December 17, 2005  -  12:23 AM Reply with quote
Thank you,

I have found some stories that might be related in sahih bukhari:

--------------------------------------------------------
Volume 1, Book 6, Number 329:

Narrated Maimuna:

(the wife of the Prophet) During my menses, I never prayed, but used to sit on the mat beside the mosque of Allah's Apostle. He used to offer the prayer on his sheet and in prostration some of his clothes used to touch me."

Volume 1, Book 6, Number 316:

Narrated 'Urwa:

'Aisha said, "We set out with the Prophet in his last Hajj. Some of us intended to perform 'Umra while others Hajj. When we reached Mecca, Allah's Apostle said, 'Those who had assumed the lhram for'Umra and had not brought the Hadi should finish his lhram and whoever had assumed the Ihram for 'Umra and brought the Hadi should not finish the Ihram till he has slaughtered his Hadi and whoever had assumed the lhram for Hajj should complete his Hajj." 'Aisha further said, "I got my periods (menses) and kept on menstruating till the day of 'Arafat, and I had assumed the Ihram for 'Umra only (Tamattu'). The Prophet ordered me to undo and comb my head hair and assume the lhram for Hajj only and leave the 'Umra. I did the same till I completed the Hajj. Then the Prophet sent 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakr with me and ordered me to perform 'Umra from At-Tan'im in lieu of the missed 'Umra."

hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 20, 2005  -  11:07 AM Reply with quote
ab aik naya masala khara ho gaya hey hamari masjid mein(there has been a new problem in our mosque recently)

women have been stuffed into the basement because of the reason that kids cry sometimes during the prayers
i was wondering would the beloved sws do that for this reason. what i know is he would rather cut the prayers short.
anyway we are trying to convince our dear mosque authorities. lets see.
sobi_05

USA
Posted - Tuesday, December 20, 2005  -  4:30 PM Reply with quote
hkhan, we have a small room adjecent with prayer room where we have put some toys for kids. Also we teach our kids to keep their inside voices ( low voices) during Khutba and prayer. Usually during prayer, the women or girls who are excused from praying that day, would gather kids to the small room and make sure they keep "shush". Everytime i prepare to go to mosque, i remind my very naughty kid , " no loud voice, no running while there is praying in the mosque". Basically we should teach our kids that mosque needs a especial respect and way to behave. All kids are welcome and rather encouraged to come to mosque. After the Khutba and prayer is over, the kids run and play and have fun. It is very necessary for us to provide our kids with the oppertunity to come to mosque, to teach them how to respect mosque, while giving them a loving environment as well.
I think you have to work in both directions. All the mothers should teach their kids to keep low ( while practicing the same thing themseleves) and talk to the authorities to tolerate a little cry once in while.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, December 20, 2005  -  6:59 PM Reply with quote
thnx sobi dear. this is what has been happening for years. our own kids have grown up in masjid environments like this. there is a back room, toys, carers asn wen, etc.but there seem to be some new ideas coming up now. lets see. we trust our masjid management that they will understand our concern insh'Allah. women are signing a petition to get there place back. secondly we feel that the fus that some teenage boys make around masjids, specially ramadan, between and after 8 rakas taraweeh; fathers are equally responsible; rather in a better position than mothers to handle. so there ought to be some sort of accountability for fathers as well.
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 23, 2005  -  7:32 AM Reply with quote
Brother Ibrahim:- Yours expert opinion is required in the light of following:-
It is reported by Abu Da'ud that the Prophet -peace be upon him- said, "I do not allow the junub (a person who had a wet dream or sex and had not yet taken a bath afterwards) and the ha'id (the menstruating woman) to be in the Masjid. (Sunan Abi Da'ud, Hadith no. 201, see also Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith no. 637).
Please also see my post of December-15 in this regards.

The issue must be clear,so every one knows about it.

Allah Hafiz
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 30, 2006  -  3:43 PM Reply with quote
ibrahim will be in a better position to answer this but as far as i know, as a student of islamic studies, a single hadith cannot be taken as the base for a law or a directive. it needs to be supported by sayings which have been relayed in that same environment as well as context.

At our local Masjid, a complaint has been raised by the brothers regarding the high level of noise being made by the children who are supposed to be being looked after by their mothers. In response to the issue raised, it has been decided by the committee of the Mosque that the mothers pray at home, the reason being that children under 8 do not benefit whatsoever from visiting the masjid.

Two things: no.i. from the mother's womb to age of 5 is a time during which a child learns more than an adult learns in ten years. george bernardshaw said, "give me the 1st 5 years of a child and take away the next 40 from me. i shall make him/her what i wish in those 1st 5 years"

How can we expect from such children to suddenly develop a bondage with the masjid when they never had any image of it in their early years?

We ought to consider the reason why adhan and iqamah is said in a newborne's ear. Islam is not illogical. this has close association between human mind/psychology and the sounds and images he is exposed to from very early moments.(i shall request our psychology community members to shed some light on this insh'Allah)

We think that this “solution”, so to speak, will affect the child negatively: if children are exposed to the Mosque from a relatively young age then they will, Insha’Allah, grow accustomed to it and visit regularly when they are older.

Secondly, stopping the children from coming means stopping the mothers from coming until these children are old enough to attend the mosque too.

Also, as far as the matter of noises is concerned, we must keep in mind that Islam does not require an environment for prayer that is completely cut off from the day-to-day activities of life and our busy schedules. Yes, we ought to meditate as calmly as possible, but the concept of these prayers in between our daily schedules is different from Buddhism which pulls a human out of the hustle and bustle and normal lifestyle to the lone serene-ness of jungles and caves. we have to pray in the most suitable environment available, remind ourselves of the Creator, His blessings, death, accountability and then return to our test of life.

And, for that matter, if this disturbance comes to the namazees any way, it’s not more for more than one salah a week and on eid and during taraweeh prayers where appropriate arrangements are always in progress to keep the noise level low by allocating a separate space to women with younger children, child minders, some activities for smaller children besides reading dua’s and dhikr with them (which is done by the sisters who do not have to pray but volunteer to look after little ones turn by turn or even so women take turns to pray 8 rakahs of taraweeh turn by turn giving opportunity to mothers of younger children to pray as well)

This is how this system of learning and worshipping can run peacefully and equally for everyone as, after all, not only is Islam a religion that works with families rather than against them, we all are trying to strive for the betterment of the society physically and spiritually and finally to be able to become the inheritors of the eternal Jannah.
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 30, 2006  -  5:31 PM Reply with quote
i dnt think theres any reason for women not 2 come 2 the mosque
ok so they dont HAVE to pray in the mosque but y r people so narrow minded in the fact that u only go 2 the mosque 2 pray? i mean its supose2 b the centre of a community
il give u an xample
slough has like thousands of muslims- as much as manchester birmingham...wherever
but wen i went to the YMS i saw a coach full of atleast 30 sisters mashaAllah from manchester getin off the coach n u no hw many came from slough? ...4
4 people, which consisted of me my sister n my 2 frends
if there realy is a community
if women not coming 2 the mosque realy has no impact on the way we intergrate as a society
then y is it that only 4 of us turned up and wen i asked all the other sisters i used 2 see at the mosque but not anymore bcuz half of them have stoped coming (cuz theyv jst like kicked us out) they sed they didnt no about it!
if islams realy growing
thers no evidence of it
u can have 500000000 of us bt if we cnt even talk 2gether in an area within like a 5 mile radius
its like we dnt even xist in the first place
tweety

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Monday, January 30, 2006  -  5:35 PM Reply with quote
quote:

It is correct that according to the Shari'ah, Muslim women are not allowed to stay in the Masjid during their menstrual period. They can pass by it or if they have to take something from the Masjid they can go there for a short time, but they should not stay inside the Masjid during this period. This ruling is based on the Sunnah of the Prophet -peace be upon him. It is reported by Abu Da'ud that the Prophet -peace be upon him- said, "I do not allow the junub (a person who had a wet dream or sex and had not yet taken a bath afterwards) and the ha'id (the menstruating woman) to be in the Masjid. (Sunan Abi Da'ud, Hadith no. 201, see also Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith no. 637).

Source:-
http://www.pakistanlink.com/religion/97/re04-11-97.html

YOUR WRONG!! UNAUTHENTIC HADITH RONG CONTEXT RONG RONG RONG
we dont have 2 pray bt it doesnt mean we cnt go 2 the mosque
DUH!!
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 31, 2006  -  5:50 AM Reply with quote
Tweetyyy ! ! ! what's WRONG w U dear? That's NOT the way of a Fruitful Discussion. Plz try to Learn & think about the Arguments of the others & Give ur OWN reasoning while rejecting them.

& I'm soooooooooo SORRY for the Delay in replying to bro. "usmani790". Dear Plz wait a little bit MORE. Thanks
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 31, 2006  -  6:48 AM Reply with quote
Its not my personnel opinion sister,i am only trying to bring the opinions of peoples, whom have more knowledge then us.There is some more in this regard.The four Imams also opted it.

Women in mosque during menses

Question

In Canada the mosque is the only place that women meet and every Sunday we have groups so we have many fatwas about the menstruation, some say that we can come to the mosque and it is permissible and the others say, no that was never allowed; so I'm really confused.Please help me to understand and prove with HADITH

Fatwa

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

The majority of the Muslim scholars (among them the four Imams) are agreed that the menstruating woman should not stay in the mosque even if her purpose is to study or teach the Qur'an or other Sharia sciences. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {nor when you are in a state of Janâba, (i.e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath)}[4:43].

Menstruation is like Janaba (ritual impurity) in this rule. It is even described in another verse as "A hurt and a pollution". Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses),}[2:222]

Abu Dawood narrated from Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) that she said: "The Prophet said: "I do not make the mosque lawful to the Junub (who is in the state of ritual impurity) or the menstruating woman". Muslim also narrated that Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) said that The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said to me: Get me the mat from the mosque. I said: I am menstruating. Upon this he remarked: Your menstruation is not in your hand."

The evidence is that the menstruating woman should not enter the mosque. But she can enter her hand in the mosque to take something because the hand is not the place of menstruation. Muslims should try to provide a place next to the mosque for teaching and studying the Qur'an. This adjacent room is not part of the mosque and the rules of the mosque do not apply on it. So the mosques and Islamic centers should provide such rooms as to avoid putting Muslim women in an embarrassing situation or making them give up participating in such lessons when they have a legal excuse. (Menstruation)
Allah knows best
Answerer: Fatwa center supervised by Dr. Abdullah Al-faqih
Source:-
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=E&Id=1532&Option=FatwaId
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 31, 2006  -  6:52 AM Reply with quote
Brother Ibrahim:- I am looking farward to hear from you.
gohar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, February 2, 2006  -  3:08 PM Reply with quote
quote:

ab aik naya masala khara ho gaya hey hamari masjid mein(there has been a new problem in our mosque recently)

women have been stuffed into the basement because of the reason that kids cry sometimes during the prayers
i was wondering would the beloved sws do that for this reason. what i know is he would rather cut the prayers short.

The fitwa of the day would say that,
1. Mosque is not a playground, neither a nursery nor an entertaining place. Its a simple serious place where u pray to God together.
2. Kids are no where meant for serious places. As we can not take them to offices, courts, meetings and other serious places, such rule applies to that incase of Masjid.
3. Kids running around and screaming may not only trouble the namazis but the kids themselves are on risk to stumble and hurt themselves which again may pull aways parents' attention.
4. Prayers can be done in a place where noise is unavoidable but if noise can be avoided its better.
5.In relation to kids groaming in masjid, I would like to say few things.
firstly, I have seen and heared those infants strat crying as the people starts making rows and they feel suffocation. The moment Imam starts qirat, the kids start screaming as the voice/noise is too loud for them.
Secondly, how the infants feel when they are left alone in a strange enviorment, with maximum suffocation, screaming and no-one giving any heed, feeling unsecure.

I would say this is a bad influence on the kids and in a way they wud b repelled with the mosque enviorment.

quote:

secondly we feel that the fus that some teenage boys make around masjids, specially ramadan, between and after 8 rakas taraweeh; fathers are equally responsible; rather in a better position than mothers to handle. so there ought to be some sort of accountability for fathers as well.

Its better one sort out his domestic matters at home. Y cant a father stay at home take care of baby and the women can pray in the mosque. if that is what u need. Just one question from working parents, how do u carry out the kids' care in ur normal life. Do u carry out ur children to any workplace or serious matters?

About those teenagers, I would say that its now culture of the town for men to get entertained in the mosque and have all kinda of gupshup in their.
The mosques have typically acuired the look of shrines.
*The filth namazis creat in its washrooms, and the stinking smell u get when u get into or even pass by a mosque.
*The tekadaari system of mullah and his financers on mosque.
*the dogmatic and ritual base looks and behaviours.
*a no-place for open and objective discussions about our life matters.

Edited by: gohar on Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:36 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, February 4, 2006  -  10:29 PM Reply with quote
salam(peace)oh we are so thankful to the masjid trustees now who finally gave the decision in our favour and also thankful that someone with opposite ideas was not amongst the trustees alhamdulillah
They did listen to our arguements, (vide supra) found logic in it that e.g.if kids were not to learn from environment then why we need to say iqama and adhan in the ears of a newborne and sayings of wise like"give me the 1st 5 yrs of a person and take away the next 40, i shall make him/her what I want.
authorities must concentrate on trying to make the environement better for the plant rather than rooting off the plant and throwing out of the garden and also to try and concentrate on the benefits to the muslim society which will come from letting women and children into the masjid rather than moaning about the thorns and pricks because god has created roses with thorns and they are a part of the roses' beauty

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:11 PM
gohar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, February 12, 2006  -  11:11 PM Reply with quote
quote:

salam(peace)oh we are so thankful to the masjid trustees now who finally gave the decision in our favour and also thankful that someone with opposite ideas was not amongst the trustees alhamdulillah
They did listen to our arguements, (vide supra) found logic in it that e.g.if kids were not to learn from environment then why we need to say iqama and adhan in the ears of a newborne and sayings of wise like"give me the 1st 5 yrs of a person and take away the next 40, i shall make him/her what I want.
authorities must concentrate on trying to make the environement better for the plant rather than rooting off the plant and throwing out of the garden and also to try and concentrate on the benefits to the muslim society which will come from letting women and children into the masjid rather than moaning about the thorns and pricks because god has created roses with thorns and they are a part of the roses' beauty

Edited by: hkhan on Saturday, February 04, 2006 11:11 PM
gohar

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, February 15, 2006  -  10:57 PM Reply with quote
The above post is not mine,,,

i appeal the admins of the forum that it is preferred if you delete the not-suitable and unfitted stuff instead of ripping it apart to suit ur ideas.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, March 13, 2006  -  8:46 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Brother Ibrahim:- Yours expert opinion is required in the light of following:-
It is reported by Abu Da'ud that the Prophet -peace be upon him- said, "I do not allow the junub (a person who had a wet dream or sex and had not yet taken a bath afterwards) and the ha'id (the menstruating woman) to be in the Masjid. (Sunan Abi Da'ud, Hadith no. 201, see also Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith no. 637).
Please also see my post of December-15 in this regards.

The issue must be clear,so every one knows about it.

Allah Hafiz

Well, 1st of All I'm v v v ... Sorry 4 the Delay in This reply as It was NOT merely Due To my Involvement in the Research. Nevertheless let's Take a Look what the Result is?

At The Moment I wud Like To State The Following things ONLY:

1- Above Hadith is NOT a "SaHeeH" Hadiths. One of its main Narrater is NOT VALID (GHaiR THiQaH).
2- There is NO "iJMaaE" (Consensus) on This ISSUE (regarding Enterence of Ladies in teh Mosques etc. During their Period Days)

Therefore Its a CASE of "iJTiHaaD" & We May be wrong BUT we ARE of the Opinion (on the Basis that has been already narrated in this thread) that Those Ladies can COME TO "MaSaaJiD" (MOSQUEs etc.) During THESE DAYS w.out ANY kind of fear & moreover they CAN Recite the Holy Quran or TEACH it etc Bcoz the FORBIDDEN things ARE only: Salaat (Prayer), Sawm(Fasting) & "MuJaaMi'At" (Intercourse).

I hope This will help us Carry on Understanding this issue further.
Regards

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Next page >>
Page 2 of 7

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker