Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
EnslavedSpirit

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Tuesday, September 20, 2005  -  1:47 PM Reply with quote
Islam will be the world's sole religion - Youhana

One day Islam will be the world's sole supreme religion: Yousuf Youhana:-
Lahore | September 18, 2005 12:27:29 PM IST

Pakistan cricket player Yousuf Youhana, a Christian by birth and the first non-Muslim to represent present Pakistan cricket team , has formally announced his conversion to Islam.

After offering Isha prayers at the house of Pakistan Hardware Merchants Association President Sheikh Imran Daud on Saturday, Yousaf said he had embraced Islam three years back, but he kept it secret due to unavoidable circumstances, and that his new name was Moahammad Yusuf.

The cricketer said there would be no non-Muslim in Pakistan provided the Muslims became true believers and start following in the footsteps of Hazrat Muhammad (SAW).

"This will also tend to initiate a global wave about embracing Islam by the non-believers. God willing, soon a day will come when Islam will be the sole supreme religion of the world," The News quoted him as saying.

Youhana also disclosed that his wife had also converted to Islam three months ago, and she offered prayers five times a day. "Especially, my wife and I offer Fajr prayers together," he said, adding that he would bring up his children in Islamic environment and was also praying for his parents embrace Islam.

Claiming that he was facing no pressure or fear for his conversion to Islam, he said that his visits to Raiwind changed his view about life and he decided to become a Muslim.

He said it was not correct to conceal embracing Islam anymore as he was practically following the teachings of this divine religion. "By the grace of God, I am now very much satisfied and feeling burden-less," he added. (ANI)

Source: http://news.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=117510&n_date=20050918&cat=sports

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker