<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mulaz77

INDIA
Posted - Wednesday, November 19, 2003  -  11:56 PM Reply with quote
Yes,I am praying to Allah as well that this situation is resolved in a good way. It just surprises me that Islam will allow him to marry someone of his choice and they continue to go against Islam. Isn't it the Quran that says if you can not marry a muslim to marry someone of "the book" And didn't Mohammed (pbuh) state that there is not race more important than another? PLease correct me if I am wrong. :)
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, November 20, 2003  -  11:39 AM Reply with quote
Actually, it is your inherent right to marry the person of your choice. This is based on common sense and reason. There needs to be no divine decree on this. Just as it is the inherent right of the new born babies to be taken care of by their parents. You would not find anything in the religious sources obligating mothers to take care of their babies.

You have quoted both matters rightly. I however would like to add something to further elaborate on the matter of marriages with the ladies of the People of the Book.

The complete verse that you have referred to is quoted below.

This day are (all) good things made lawful for you. The food of those who have received the Scripture is lawful for you, and your food is lawful for them. And so are the virtuous women of the believers and the virtuous women of those who received the Scripture before you (lawful for you) when ye give them their marriage portions and live with them in honor, not in fornication, nor taking them as secret concubines . Whoso denieth the faith, his work is vain and he will be among the losers in the Hereafter. (5:5)

The word 'This Day' is of crucial importance in this verse. It leads us to the conclusion that neither the food of the People of the Book nor their women were lawful for the Muslims to marry. It was after the time when Islam became an established religion that Allah allowed the Muslim men to marry, if they want to, any chaste lady from among the People of the Book. Of course, this would help the ladies to observe the values of Islam and then embrace it. In the present day scenario, as Muslims are living in a state of intellectual and cultural subjugation, Muslim men should not marry any lady of the People of the Book.
mulaz77

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, November 20, 2003  -  4:30 PM Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. What if the woman had been of another religon and reverted to Islam?
Jhangeer Hanif

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 21, 2003  -  9:25 AM Reply with quote
You are welcome.

In that case, she is Muslim. She is then more respectable than the lady who is born Muslim for the fact she hass sought the truth and then sacrificing everything for the sake of Allah, has accepted Islam.

I find myself at loss to express what reward she must receive from Allah. Her faith would be more adorable than any else's. Feels like I am talking about you! God bless you!
arifa999

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, November 29, 2003  -  5:11 AM Reply with quote
Assalamu'alaikum
My view on caste is that it is very cultural coming from the Hindu. The Pakistani's have a lot of Hindu customs which is taken as religion rather than as a custom of the culture they are from. In Islam, both the man and the woman has the right to choose their spouse. However, you find in a lot of societies, including Middle Eastern, that a woman is actually killed if she does not marry the person that her parents choose for her. This is very sad.
aboosait

INDIA
Posted - Thursday, April 8, 2010  -  5:07 PM Reply with quote
quote:

......Actually, it is your inherent right to marry the person of your choice.......
.........Allah allowed the Muslim men to marry, if they want to, any chaste lady from among the People of the Book.........
That does not mean that we will be able to consume all that is allowed at all times. There are situations where we will have to abstain from practicing some of the things which are "allowed".

For example eating meat is allowed, but can one eat meat under all health conditions? Of course not.

Similarly in a ciilised society at times it would become difficult for one from a diferent society to adjust himself/herself. The parents (from their experience and farsightedness ) are the right people to advice their children in such matters

Edited by: aboosait on Thursday, April 08, 2010 5:10 PM
zulkifl

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, December 20, 2011  -  2:40 PM Reply with quote
regarding caste system my dear brothers i am going through the same problem i have found a perfect match for me the girl has a perfect understanding with me moreover she is daughter of my fathers friend .... my parents have started opposing her proposal just on the basis of caste which i think is totally wrong as far as our islamic teachings are concerned i require all of your help to give me quranic and sunnah references so that i convince my parents ...... asking help from all of you muslim brothers because there will be many more like me suffering from this delimna ....
saba2

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, December 22, 2011  -  4:38 AM Reply with quote
In Islam there is no concept of Caste so there is no prohibition of marriage on
systems made by us or society. Muslim men and women are given set guidelines
to follow while choosing a wife or a husband. I am sure your parents are as aware of them as you are.
As the girl you have chosen is a Muslim and I presume of a
marriageable age and willing there is no reason why you cannot marry her legally.
What is holding you back as a good son is your parents to give you their blessings and be happy in your happiness. What you can do is get someone your parents trust and respect to put your point of view forward. Try and reassure your parents
on whatever misgivings they might have on this alliance. It is always best to start a new life where your parents are in harmony with you and give you their blessing.
samsher

INDIA
Posted - Monday, December 26, 2011  -  6:04 AM Reply with quote
quote:

Assalam u alaikum everyone..i would just like to know everyones view on castes..the caste system is now common amongst muslims especially pakistani muslims where the castes 'rajput, choudry, jatt' etc are very common..are these castes acceptable in Islam? and is there any mention of them anywhere

someone called aminah from a site called beauty of islam

Salaam

<<<<The caste system is now common amongst muslims especially pakistani muslims where the castes 'rajput, choudry, jatt' etc are very common..I would just like to know are these castes acceptable in Islam? and is there any mention of them anywhere?
>>>>

I am sorry but I do not know what is a caste system? The words 'rajput, choudry, jatt' mean nothing to me!

thank you
salaam

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2
Page 2 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker