1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, August 13, 2004  -  4:58 AM Reply with quote
salams
I thought it is not Muhammad Asad or Yousaf Ali and others we need to refer to but it is the use of the verb in Arabic language in which the Qur'an was revealed.
Please refer to: http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=72
Dino31

USA
Posted - Monday, August 16, 2004  -  5:41 PM Reply with quote
YUSUFALI: And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.

There is a difference in the other translations but all 3 speak about the hour but this one is from Yusaf Ali. I can not read Arabic so I would not be able to read the Arabic of the verse and ayat.

This may also shed light that Jesus(pbuh) did not die since in Islam there is only one death for all, including Prophets.
Dino31

USA
Posted - Monday, August 16, 2004  -  5:47 PM Reply with quote
Translation by Muhammad Taqi-ud-din Al-Hilali reads:

And he [Iesa(Jesus), son of Maryam(Mary)] shall be a known sign for (the coming of) the Hour (Day of Resurrection) [i.e. 'Isas's(Jesus) descent on the earth]. Therefore have no doubt concerning it(i.e. of the Day of Resurrection). And follow me(Allah) (i.e. be obedient to Allah and do what He orders you to do, O mankind)! This is the Straight Path (of Islamic Monotheism, leading to Allah and to His Paradise)
Haroune

USA
Posted - Monday, August 16, 2004  -  8:57 PM Reply with quote
quote:

How important to you is the belief, if at all, in the second advent of Jesus? Do you consider your faith incomplete without this aspect? If so, is it easily and clearly demonstrable from the Quran?

Edited by - Razi Allah on September 18 2003 01:30:45

Edited by - Razi Allah on October 09 2003 01:02:23
Dino31

USA
Posted - Monday, August 16, 2004  -  9:11 PM Reply with quote
http://www.islamonline.net/askaboutislam/display.asp?hquestionID=8076
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, August 17, 2004  -  4:45 AM Reply with quote
Actually I need a Qur'anic statement which is not subject to interpretation. I am not interested in interpretations of the scholars to form my belief. I need clear words of the God to provide me firm basis not shcolars' intepretations of the verses. Therefore, please bring in something solid.
Dino31

USA
Posted - Tuesday, August 17, 2004  -  4:30 PM Reply with quote
salams,

We learn from scholars. I think it would be impossible to learn the quran on your own without the help of scholars. The greatest scholars in Islam learned from someone, Aisha(ra) probably taught the most scholars and she(ra) was taught by the the Prophet(pbuh) the greatest teacher of Islam. It is very hard to learn this on your own, if most scholars are in agreement with an intepretation and the scholars are very knowledgeable, respected and reliable I dont think you should say you are not interested in their intepretations but that is your right to do so and I'm not trying to knock you for that. The only other way to find out how the scholars have intepreted the verses is to either consult with them and also have a understanding of the Quranic Arabic.

Most scholars are in agreement with this so I would say that it is pretty solid. Probably the greatest scholar in Islamic history was Aisha(ra), would you say the same about her(ra)?

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

<< Previous Page
1 2 3
Page 3 of 3

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker