Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
jeffrey

USA
Topic initiated on Wednesday, August 31, 2005  -  2:30 PM Reply with quote
Bear of a story...

Our Forum'soutdoorsey types might enjoy this...
About two weeks ago I went for an evening walk in the country, in an area about 10 kilometers from my home in northern Wisconsin, USA. The area is fairly open country, with large boulders and bushes of hazelnuts, blackberries, and chokecherries; a small lake is off to the northeast corner of the area and a walking trail runs roughly around the place. There are native grasses which grow to about 6 inches and then flop over, and small sand dunes.
Anyway, it was about 8:00pm, about 1/2 hour after sunset, but the lighting was reasonably good as a near-full moon was coming up in the eastern sky.

After about 10 minutes of walking I had gotten to a location where the land and trail descend into a low area, near the lake, by some bushes and berries as described. I started thinking...if a person was to see a bear, this would be the place to do so...berries and hazelnuts (which they favor to eat), a lake nearby for drinking, getting dark (when they come out), lower country (they like low, cool areas). I had not finished this train of thought when a fairly large black bear came running out of the hazelnut bushes about 6 meters ahead, crossed the trail in from of me and ran diagonally away, to the northwest. I started backtracking the second I saw it, and retraced my route back to my car, about a 10 minute walk, looking around and behind me all the way. What made it more interesting is that there are large bushes and boulder all along the route; I kept thinking of another bear-or the same one-being behind one of these, and that this time I would not be so fortunate as to have the bear run away, but rather it feel cornered or threatened, which is when they are more risky to be around. But all ended well, got back to my care safely, feeling a little shaky.
But it was really nice-I got to experience some of nature, see the real beauty of God's nature-the beautiful area I was in, the food source for one of God's creatures, the beautiful moonrise, and the bear of course (the star of the show). It was a good reminder that God has created life and nature in many forms, and that great enjoyment and experience can be had in some of the more basic elements of things. I thank God for the events of that evening.
Jeffrey
[/size
=3]

Edited by: Jeffrey on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 2:31 PM
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 3, 2005  -  9:50 AM Reply with quote

i think its a good idea to find smiles in day to day happenings. keeps one happy.

often we find smiles in children's innocence

we had some guests the other day and my little boy asked their name

"mr. and mrs.sarwar" i said

oh right. mr and mrs "server" so what are they going to serve us today
EnslavedSpirit

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, September 3, 2005  -  11:38 AM Reply with quote
HA HA HA HA ... CUTE !!!
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 3, 2005  -  9:23 PM Reply with quote
Chooii Choouaa Chuch Chuch………
Puppy

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, September 3, 2005  -  9:24 PM Reply with quote
Chooii Choouaa Chuch Chuch………
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, September 7, 2005  -  6:35 PM Reply with quote
puppy kya aap chinese ho

if you hv written chinese plz translate so that others may share your Smile
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, October 26, 2005  -  2:58 PM Reply with quote

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAA A BEARRRR HOW AWSOME!! you're so lucky to have seen one!!! the only time i ever saw a bear was at the zoo from inside my car -_-

nature rocks ^_^ its an excellent reminder of God's ever present beauty

Wassalam

.xXx. bas .xXx.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker