Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
nadya

USA
Topic initiated on Friday, August 12, 2005  -  11:36 PM Reply with quote
30,000 children die everyday

Every single day, 30,000 children are dying as a result of extreme poverty.

What are YOU doing about it?

Is it not about time that we the world community work together to relieve people of their suffering?
jeffrey

USA
Posted - Monday, August 15, 2005  -  10:03 PM Reply with quote
I am certain that there are enough resources in this world so that no child should go hungry, poorly clothed, without shelter, or opportunity for school or formal education. There must be some way to accomplish these things-perhaps if many of us who feel this way organize ourselves into a large group we can create enough influence to acheive our goals. It is shameful that so much suffering among children exists when it is unnecessary.
I'm a mid career professional with 23 years with a human services NGO; I'm actively seeking to provide my skills and services to an international NGO addressing such issues (and/or poverty, health issues, hunger) in general.
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, August 19, 2005  -  10:16 AM Reply with quote
i'm very pleased that muslims are also coming fwd in this struggle as indeed this is the call of the day; rather a call of the oppressed and wat else than the call of the oppressed reaches the Lord faster. and as nadya has mentioned in our news letter that it is time for the world community to join hands and reply to this call.

EVERY LITTLE HELPS

here in britain as well people from different communities, regardless of religion and culture, are putting in their share for this sacred Cause. islamic society of britain and young muslims uk are projecting it in various activities along with the islamic relief.
although at a small level, muslim community in the royal county got together last saturday and organized a fundraising fair with simple things like home made food, mehandi and face painting, bar b q etc. and raised £1900 for this purpose just in 4hours(although many hours of work behind it ofcourse. may god bless all who contributed)

we must put more efforts into this project of making poverty hx. as n wen we cn afford insh'Allah and god be with this effort as its time wen He asks"where are my people" not wen people question "where is god"
jeffrey

USA
Posted - Friday, August 19, 2005  -  2:21 PM Reply with quote
hkhan,
Al salamu alaykum,
May God bless you for your and your community's efforts, and all those who contributed to this. So much good is done when the good in our hearts direct us and the wishes of God are our guide--
Salam
Salam11
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, August 22, 2005  -  9:21 PM Reply with quote
QUOTE (hkhan): - insh'Allah and god be with this effort as its time wen He asks"where are my people" not wen people question "where is god"

If there is any difference between “god” and “God” it must be avoided to be so careless!
nadya

USA
Posted - Wednesday, October 12, 2005  -  10:21 AM Reply with quote
Jeffery I am sure there are a lot of international organizations that can use your help.
I know of a couple of organizations that operate worldwide.
Do let me know if you need the info.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker