Page 1 of 2

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
mini_140

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, June 17, 2005  -  11:26 PM Reply with quote
The HereAfter

Salamz all.

I've got a question that has been on my mind lately.

it's to do with the here after.

i would like to know if followers of other religions (apart from Islam) go to hell for not believing in Allah or following the Islamic faith? And how do they get judged?

Thanks Wassalam
oosman

USA
Posted - Saturday, June 18, 2005  -  3:14 AM Reply with quote
bismillah-hir-rahman-nir-raheem

Walaikum salaam wa rahmatullah.

I used to have this question also. For a long time what would happen to the likes of mother teresa and other people who were not Muslim but devoted their whole lives for humanity and good causes. Are they going to hell?

Then when I realized the answer to this, I got some satisfaction. The answer is that only Allah subhaana-o-taala has the right to judge who is going to paradise and who is going to hell. It is none of our business, and we should only pay attention to our deeds in this life and seek Allah's repentance always for our sins. We should also try to remind others of this.

No one has any justification to brand someone as going to hell or paradise. The prophets may have said so because they had a communication channel with Allah. But we, as mere mortals, do not know what is the intention of another human and what he or she is thinking and why he or she is doing something. Therefore we should not judge others, leave it to Allah.

All though it is known to us that those who commit shirk will never go to Paradise. However we should still refrain from thinking about who is going to paradise and who is going to hell, because we still do not know what lies hidden in the hearts. A person might look like a mushrik but from inside he might be a believer in monotheism, and a person might look like a Muslim but inside he may be a mushrik. We never know.

You might have heard of this story where there were two men. One was humble slave of Allah who worshipped much. The other one was not religious, infact a sinful person. The good man used to remind the bad man to mend his ways. One day the bad man did something so wrong, the good man got angry and rebuked him severly, saying that he would never go to paradise (or that he would go to hell). Then on Judgement day, Allah asked the good man who gave him the authority to condemn someone to hell? And the good man was thrown into hell and the bad man was sent to paradise.

Therefore we should not even think about juding someone like that, lest the tables are turned, and Allah decided to punish us for saying something of which we have no authority and only Allah has a prerogative.
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, June 19, 2005  -  7:26 AM Reply with quote
i would like to know if followers of other religions (apart from Islam) go to hell for not believing in Allah or following the Islamic faith? And how do they get judged?

Actually u have the obsession of being the true Muslim and righteous for the paradise.
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, June 20, 2005  -  10:42 PM Reply with quote
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

QUOTE: i would like to know if followers of other religions (apart from Islam) go to hell for not believing in Allah or following the Islamic faith? And how do they get judged?

God says: O you who believe! Let not (one) people laugh at (another) people perchance they may be better. (49: 11).

The verse shows, do not underestimate others; they may be better than you.

If they are eating better than you, wearing better than you, living better than you, why can’t have a better place in the hereafter. It must be remembered that God is not only Ghafoor and Raheem but Ghaffar and Rehman as well. He has created them same as you were created, NOT they were thrown from the sky.

Wassalam with the saying of God:

And most surely your Lord knows what their breasts conceal and what they manifest (27: 74).
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, June 21, 2005  -  8:55 AM Reply with quote
If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah., never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). (3:85)
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, June 22, 2005  -  8:30 AM Reply with quote
Dear Brother Loveall
Assalam Alakum
I have big respect for you since I have learned a lot from yours posts on other forums.But here I am disagree with you.Please correct me if a am wrong.
Quote:God says: O you who believe! Let not (one) people laugh at (another) people perchance they may be better. (49: 11).

The verse shows, do not underestimate others; they may be better than you.

If they are eating better than you, wearing better than you, living better than you, why can’t have a better place in the hereafter. It must be remembered that God is not only Ghafoor and Raheem but Ghaffar and Rehman as well. He has created them same as you were created, NOT they were thrown from the sky.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to mentioned here that the verse above you have quoted is for blivers only.So what ever you said afterward to me is invalid since the verse is only for believers.

I have no knowledge nor i have any authority to say about the persons who are non muslim, that how Allah will judged them.Please see what Allah is saying about them in Quran.

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah., never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). (3:85)

I feel it will be better to don't give our comments on the subject on which we have not enough knowledge so they(people having faith on the religions other than Islam) will not be miss guided by us.

Allah Hafiz
mini_140

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Wednesday, June 22, 2005  -  9:11 PM Reply with quote
Assalamu-alaikum

I'd like to thank you all for answering this question that I have had in my mind for a time.

I agree, and now see that it is not for me to see who will be entering heaven or hell; for it is only Allah who knows.

Also, i'd like to thank you for adding quotes from the Qu'ran, because it enabled me to find the answers i was lookin for.

Wassalam
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 23, 2005  -  2:12 AM Reply with quote
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Dear Usmani, You are right.

Actually perhaps I could not understand REAL SENSE of the original question otherwise the answer was very clear to read the Quranic verse 3: 85.

Sorry for the misconception.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Thursday, June 23, 2005  -  8:01 AM Reply with quote
AA,
Nice response by oosman!!!
Also check the following link!Mr.Moiz Amjad,s reply to a query like this!!!http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=21

Edited by: aslam on Thursday, June 23, 2005 8:24 AM
uhmelas

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, July 1, 2005  -  1:32 AM Reply with quote
Why did neither Understanding Islam site (the link given above) nor Studying Islam site (in their news letter) mention the Quranic verse- 3: 85?
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, July 3, 2005  -  10:54 AM Reply with quote
in hereafter if there is no difference between muslims and non muslims why i should had accepted the islam.
oosman

USA
Posted - Sunday, July 3, 2005  -  2:34 PM Reply with quote
If you quote verse 3.85, you should also quote verse 2.62 and 5.69

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Surely those who believe and those who are Jews and the Sabians and the Christians whoever believes in Allah and the last day and does good-- they shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.

From the last two verses it is clear that anyone who believes in Allah as one God will have no worries in hereafter.

Thre is one opinion that 3.85 abrogates 2.62 and 5.69. So anyone who knows about Islam and understands it and still refuses to accept it, then he will be loser. But what about the people who do not know about Islam? According to 2.62, if one believes in wahdaniat - monotheism, then it is ok.

>>>> in hereafter if there is no difference between muslims and non muslims why i should had accepted the islam.

Islam is a gift from Allah to the nation of Muhammad (s.a.w.). It is a blessing and special favor. Other people have not been given this gift. Why is one person rich and the other poor and both have the same skills, intelligence and capacity to generate money? Because Allah has gifted one over the other more. We as Muslims should appreciate this gift from Allah to us and cherish it. That is why we should be Muslims, so we can gain more rewards and say our prayer rituals correctly. Any other non-Muslim who does not know about Islam but is a monotheist, he might not be able to gain the same level as us because Allah has given us the knowledge of Islam.

And Allah (subhan-o-ta-ala) knows best.
Bhavittre

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 9, 2005  -  12:56 AM Reply with quote
you said………………Islam is a gift from Allah to the nation of Muhammad (s.a.w.). It is a blessing and special favor.

you call it a gift, a blessing and special favor while no two muslims agree with each other rather quarrel even in the mosques . I don’t agree with you. sometimes i feel that hereafter is only to give a fear of hell or an incentive of paradise to the people. otherwise the people seeing the dreams of paradise, huurs etc will have no more than the insects eating and doing shit on their corpse in the graves nothing else.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 9, 2005  -  7:10 AM Reply with quote
quote:

you said………………Islam is a gift from Allah to the nation of Muhammad (s.a.w.). It is a blessing and special favor.

you call it a gift, a blessing and special favor while no two muslims agree with each other rather quarrel even in the mosques . I don’t agree with you. sometimes i feel that hereafter is only to give a fear of hell or an incentive of paradise to the people. otherwise the people seeing the dreams of paradise, huurs etc will have no more than the insects eating and doing shit on their corpse in the graves nothing else.

you have rated urself very low!!!!!!!!!!!very insignificant!!!!!!!
The worthless stones around you,the insignificant dirt around you remains intact for centuries,for eons! but you,a masterpiece of creation, is eaten up by insects,you are dissolved into oblivion!
the insects might eat up ur body but what about ur consciousness,ur love,ur aspirations?????????I,m not going to rate myself so low!!!!!!!!!!
The great philosophical poet of Pashto GHani Khan,son of Ghafar khan,says;
"Tasha khawra nada ghani,sanga ba shee khawre?"Ghani is not made up only of dust,how can he be turned into dust????????
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 9, 2005  -  9:19 AM Reply with quote
Asalam Aalaikum

I agree with it, we should be only concerned about our deeds instead of thinking about whether others will go to heaven or hell.Allah(swt) will not ask us about others deeds ,He will asks us about our deeds.

Regards,
usmani790

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, July 9, 2005  -  11:30 AM Reply with quote
Quote)If you quote verse 3.85, you should also quote verse 2.62 and 5.69
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brother I am a student of Quran.If I come accross of any verse of quran which is related to the topic of the forum, so I post it there.This is for the knowledge of participant of the forum.Am I doing any mistake by doing so?.I never come accross the verses 2.62 and 5.69.I thanks you for posting here these two verses.

I am posting here some more verses of Quran here whish i feel are related to the topic of forum.

(5:51)O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.

(2:120)Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of Allah,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against Allah.

(2-161,162)Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah.s curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind; They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will respite be their (lot).

(98:1)Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, were not going to depart (from their ways) until there should come to them Clear Evidence,-

(98-6)Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures.

Allah Hafiz

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

1 2
Next page >>
Page 1 of 2

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker