Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, April 29, 2005  -  12:53 AM Reply with quote
busy

not sure whether this shud come under 'smiles' or 'tears' as someone mentioned once on this forum

a while ago i was called into the department for an emergency during the night; i noticed a nurse on night duty who had not been so for a while. i asked where and how she had been and as she told about her new job at another place she said she was just doing some extra night work to earn money for her cat was ill and whose medicine cost £30 just for one dose.

as we chatted further i came to know that she lived on her own and so did her mother in the same town. the mother was very old and ill too but that each was used to living on her own; however her mom would call her every few hours because she forgot due to old age/amnesia that she had just called her a while ago.

i just looked at her face blankly trying to compare the sacrifice of night sleep she was making for the cat with the care for the mother
xxbasxx

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, May 10, 2005  -  12:33 AM Reply with quote
its so ironic that it makes you want to hit that lady... how arrogant... putting a stoopid cat above your mom... people are strange these days...technology is moving forward but i think we're moving back in time and adapting to the ways of the neandrathol/neandrathal/the cave man dudes for goodness sake...

-Wassalam-
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, May 15, 2005  -  8:48 PM Reply with quote
i don't think we need to feel like hitting the lady ;

what we need to do is to recognize the flaws in the family life the materialistic/secular system has caused; and to think of ways to amend (I hv used secular and materialistic as wen i presented this topic about present problems about family life in the west a couple of convert muslim british ladies came upto me saying that
they felt it was racist to call it western or british family system, as many of them still have very strong family values -- they suggested i rather used the terms above for my future talks/writings . thnx dear sisters)

ps our recently uploaded course "Family n Marriage" in this regard

wassalaam (peace)

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker