Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, April 15, 2005  -  1:39 PM Reply with quote
Prophet's Character Traits & Personality

Assalamualaikum,

Does the sunnah of the Prophet's (pbuh) include his character traits?

Where can I find the sources related to his (pbuh) personality and character?

Are there any books or websites discussing Prophetic or Quranic ethics & moral values from authentic Islamic sources?

Re: Prophetic Ethics

I read on Islam Online that there were nine ethical values. The direct narration or verse from the Quran & the Sunnah sources are missing. Has anyone heard of them? Is there any evidence for this?

Jazak Allahkhair

Edited by: thameena on Friday, April 15, 2005 7:17 PM
Roswell

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, April 15, 2005  -  9:34 PM Reply with quote
The Life of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

Books,
http://www.islamicbookstore.com/books.html
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, April 16, 2005  -  7:21 AM Reply with quote
quote:

The Life of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

Books,
http://www.islamicbookstore.com/books.html

Assalamualaikum,

I am not looking for general biographies or seeras of the Prophet pbuh.
Thameena

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, April 16, 2005  -  7:55 AM Reply with quote
Assalamualaikum,

I am searching for specific information related to his noble personality and character, with references either from the Quran or his Sunnah.

The Prophetic Ethics article covers some of this and may be sufficient for me to draw some educational activities (on tahdhib/akhlaq). However I do not know what sources have been used. Evidence is missing of the prophet pbuh being quoted that he was given these 9 values.

Are there any authentic sources, from the Quran or his Sunnah that would support this narration? So far I found none (except someone by the name of 'Razeen' mentioned at the end of this khutba).

I will be grateful if anyone, knows of any specific books or files containing authentic narrations in relation to the Prophet's Noble character, or Prophetic ethical values derived from the Quran or his sunnah.

Jazak Allahkhair
student1

PAKISTAN
Posted - Wednesday, April 20, 2005  -  2:08 PM Reply with quote
My Comments on your post are in blue.

quote:

Assalamualaikum,

You Said:
Does the sunnah of the Prophet's (pbuh) include his character traits?

Comment:
The character of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is a part of the Sunnah including his actions and practices.

You Said:
Where can I find the sources related to his (pbuh) personality and character?

Comment:
Well, their are some sites where you can get information about Islamic History. Inshallah I will give you the links of those sites soon.

You Said:
Are there any books or websites discussing Prophetic or Quranic ethics & moral values from authentic Islamic sources?

Comment:
Their is a book which contains biographical account of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) by the name "Life of Muhammad" written by Hussain Haykal ,translated by Raji Al Farooqi. It is a very informative book on the life of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

Regards,

Re: Prophetic Ethics

I read on Islam Online that there were nine ethical values. The direct narration or verse from the Quran & the Sunnah sources are missing. Has anyone heard of them? Is there any evidence for this?

Jazak Allahkhair

Edited by: thameena on Friday, April 15, 2005 7:17 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker