Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Tuesday, March 15, 2005  -  7:41 PM Reply with quote
Urdu Classes

Assalamu Aliekom brothers and sisters,
I am looking for a place here in leeds/ bradford area to learn Urdu language. I believe most of muslims here speak the language as most of them come from either Pakistan or India, but sadly till now I haven't found a place for classes, knowing that I can't afford private tuitions, and therefor looking for a proper class which will start with the basics.
Anyone there can help?
Jazakom Allah Khairan
Nesrine
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 17, 2005  -  10:27 AM Reply with quote
wa alaykum assalaam sr

Its great to know that you wish to learn Urdu

Plz check out the link

http://www.bradford.gov.uk/about/

and you will find the relevant contacts n links there for further info re: learning Urdu language . All UK borough councils organize such cultural/lingual services for communities.

Let me know if there is a problem. You have my email address.

In the meantime try visiting our Urdu forums on site as well where you have the luxury of typing Roman English n it appears in Urdu.
Sr Kaukab n Br Ibrahim can take you through insh'Allah.

henna
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 17, 2005  -  11:33 AM Reply with quote
Sister Henna,
I did go there to the Bradford website, but I couldn't find my way to any of the classes as yet. I think I need more help than just that. :)
Nesrine
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Thursday, March 17, 2005  -  12:08 PM Reply with quote
There is a large data base on this site with info.
I have found a couple of phone nos

01274 433600
01274 431000

The link to different deptmental nos. is
http://www.bradford.gov.uk/telephone.asp

You may have to browse further.

Good luck

Have also emailed you a sister's contact in Bradford.

Let me know.

wassalaam
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 19, 2005  -  12:16 AM Reply with quote
Assalamo Alaikum

In addition to Urdu, I would like to suggest Arabic too. We must learn Arabic to translate Quran and Ahadith ourselves. Sometimes other languages can’t clear the meanings. We must jump to Tafseer only when the translation done ourselves. You may see the difference.
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 19, 2005  -  11:03 AM Reply with quote
I am an Arabic speaker, so I must say I am lucky to have this done for me. :)
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 19, 2005  -  4:38 PM Reply with quote
I'm afraid Dear LOVEALL, I can't agree w u at all Bcoz:

(& Arabic Speakers! YOU too plz. BEWARE of the Following thing:)

What I've learned, STILL being a student of Arabic Language after more than 15 years NOW, that Translation OF the HOLY QURAN is NOT the Easiest JOB to do BUT in fact I feel, after My every day's experience, its THE MOST DIFFICULT THING. So I've decided to READ & FOLLOW the translations of ONLY authentic Scholors.

hmm What's then the NEED of Learning Arabic? u may ask. MY Ans. will be "Learning Arabic is v v v much needed Bcoz, no.1: it makes a LIVE relation w the Quran as there remains NO LANGUAGE BARRIER & no.2: If I'm NOT satisfied 100% w a Translation then I can become aware of any Mistake, if there is ONE, By checking it with others' Translations OR by Consulting any other Authentic PERSON.

One v Simple Reason of that is:

The Style of Quranic Arabic is FAR Different than that of Todays & it takes A LIFE,if NOT more than that, to become Familiar w THAT.

dear Loveall! ur thoughts on it r MOST welcomed.
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Saturday, March 19, 2005  -  7:07 PM Reply with quote
Ibrahim, I am not sure what you meant by ur reply, but simply I am looking to learn Urdu for the sake of understanding my husband's family. I am an Egyptian who is married to an Indian, and yes I agree with you, even though my mother tongue is Arabic, but it's still is difficult to get it all.
Nesrine
Loveall

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, March 19, 2005  -  11:51 PM Reply with quote
Dear Ibrahim and Nasrine

You are right.

My idea was to escape incompatibilities of the other languages, to some extent, which I have come across at some places. It was my experience based only.
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Sunday, March 20, 2005  -  1:05 PM Reply with quote
Dear Nasrine & Loveall, Thanx a lot.

Sis Nasrine, I'm so sorry if I've left any WRONG impression on U by my POST. There is Nothing in My Mind Regarding "Arabic Speakers."
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Sunday, March 20, 2005  -  1:23 PM Reply with quote
Nooo, it's ok. I have no hard feelings against you or anyone.
Nesrine
Malix

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Tuesday, March 22, 2005  -  8:54 PM Reply with quote
Salam sister,
i didn't read all what has been said but i will advice you 2 try ur local colges or uni's as most of them do part-time or full-time courses! even in urdu
Siddiq Bukhary

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, March 25, 2005  -  5:28 AM Reply with quote
Assalamualaykum sister nesrine
Really happy to know your interest in Urdu language. I think it is not so difficult. Arabic is the mother of urdu and there is great similarity in both languages. This similarity is a plus point for you.
If you are still unable to find any way out in UK, i think the problem can be solved through correspondence course and i can help you in this respect. As far as pronunciation is concerned the mode of voice chat can help towards this end.
Wish you success
Siddiq Bukhary
nesrine

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, March 25, 2005  -  9:20 PM Reply with quote
Thank u very much brother Siddiq,
there is a sister here in Bradford who offered her help, thanx to sister Henna, and hopefully I will arrange sometime to meet with her, other wise if I can't communte much I will definitly ask you for more help.
As for brother Ibrahim, thank you for the link, but I still can't make use of it, plus, i believe Qoraan is best in Arabic.
Thank you though for the help.
Nesrine

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker