Surah 53 ( The Star)

38. Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another;

39. That man can have nothing but what he strives for;

40. That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight;

41. Then will he be rewarded with a reward complete;

42. That to thy Lord is the final Goal;

43. That it is He who Granteth Laughter and Tears;

44. That it is He who Granteth Death and Life;

45. That He did create in pairs -- male and female.

46. From a seed when lodged (in its place);

47. That He hath promised a Second Creation (raising of the Dead)

48. That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction;

49. That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);

50. And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient 'Ad (people),

51. And the Thamud, nor gave them a lease of perpetual life.

52. And before them, the people of Noah, for that they were (all) Most unjust and most insolent transgressors.

53. And He destroyed the Overthrown Cities (of Sodom and Gomorrah),

54. So that (ruins unknown) have covered them up.

55. Then which of the gifts of thy Lord, (O man,) wilt thou dispute about?

56. This is a Warner, of the (series of) Warners of old!

57. The (Judgment) ever approaching draws nigh:

58. No (soul) but Allah can lay it bare.

59. Do ye then wonder at this recital?

60. And will ye laugh and not weep --

(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 53)
amlhabibi

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, March 2, 2005  -  4:23 AM Reply with quote
quote:

38. Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another;

39. That man can have nothing but what he strives for;

40. That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight;

41. Then will he be rewarded with a reward complete;

42. That to thy Lord is the final Goal;

In a sense this is true but in another sense are we all not baring the crisis and burdens of the sins of the Nations?

Like the dispairity in equal access to Education and sexual health information that is produced in a formate that upholds and encourages the dignity of those in the creation of it and those reading or viewing it.

I am speaking most assertively on this as there have been many inoccent children suffer from being sexually abused and exploited as a result of men not being educated on the stages and levels of sexual frustration and how to deal with these and other important and vital emotions.

If we deal with this issue I feel many other issues will be resolved.

Because when people understand what is happening and know what choices they have in resolving the feelings like going for a massage or playing sports or seeing a sexual health counselor to ask questions about safe sexual practices within marriage or at any time.

Also there is no sin in expressing sexual feelings for the same sex, the sin only happens when someone chooses to trick or coerse someone of the same sex to have sex against their will.

As Allah in the end is the one who is all knowing, kind and generous and sets before us choices of this important spiritual expression of self.

Marriage is important however what is paramount is a loving family unit in which to raise a child or children.

I feel if men and women have the freedom to educate themselves well on these issues the burden of family violence will vanish forever.

Also child sexual abuse and exploitation will end.

Inshallah, I am just one person but I am doing my part to make a difference.

Even if I am the only one it affects at least I know I have done my job!

Inshallah.

If this topic bothers you or causes you concern you are incouraged to speak about it here and with those you love.
amlhabibi

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, March 2, 2005  -  4:35 AM Reply with quote
quote:

47. That He hath promised a Second Creation (raising of the Dead)

48. That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction;

49. That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);

Raising the dead is happening even as I speak by ending the silence of ignorance and the apathy that has been pervassive for Centuries!

What is unfortunate is that as the dead are rising again more are dieing slow deaths due to ignorance or apathy.

I am here to say Inshallah there is coming and soon a great World Arrising Responsibly and Spiritually by all Peoples of All Nations.

In this common undertaking Education, Counseling, Consultation, Prayer and Living Prayers are going to be key.

Governments need the assistance of the people to set in place the resources such as the technology to share this information to people who do not have such things as radios, television, computors etc.

But first government needs to determine what information is needed and by whom.

It needs to be age appropriate also.

The Mighty Star here is MANKIND realizing its potential as an intellegent and kind hearted being!

Learning to deal with the emotions that make us human and how to better resolve our challenges and end racism and other issues like poverty which is the biggest misunderstanding in racism.

In the end we all will have an abundance of work even if it begins with ourselves and our personal Jihad (Jihad = Struggle with self first level of Jihad)

So I call everyone to Jihad with themselves and if they need education, counseling, consultation, prayer or living prayers then seek out those in the community that can assist with the challenges you face or your family faces.

I beg you not to turn away in disappointment if your first question is not answered or addressed the way you think it should be. Keep asking until you know you have the right answer.

Allah God gives us the freedom to educate ourselves and others.

Please by all means consult on any information you are given.
amlhabibi

CANADA
Posted - Wednesday, March 2, 2005  -  4:49 AM Reply with quote
quote:

57. The (Judgment) ever approaching draws nigh:

58. No (soul) but Allah can lay it bare.

59. Do ye then wonder at this recital?

60. And will ye laugh and not weep --

(The Qur'an (Yusuf Ali tr), Surah 53)

Indeed judgement day is here!!!

Today, at this moment is a moment and a day to decide are there issues in your life that need addressing?

Are you dealing with family violence?

Have you abused or molested anyone?

Now is the moment to say to yourself I need help!

Today at this moment is a moment to call a counselor or doctor and speak to them about ways to deal with your anger or sexual frustrations to name just a few problems.

If you have the courage then turn yourself into police and ask them to get you into counseling.

I wager this might just save a life, yours and your victims.

Understanding the cause behind the behavior is key and you are not alone there are millions like you behaving out of frustration or anger and you need help so the suffering on all levels will slowly be changed into positive behaviors and actions when trying to resolve the emotions that make us human.

There is hope and there is help.

Have courage and seek it out, you will be happy you did!

Be my hero and get the help you need.

Doing so makes you greater than Superman or even Jesus!

Also a letter of apology to your victim could be handed in when you turn yourself in to counselor, doctor.

Judgement day is not a violent day unless you make it that way.

You can call a counselor or doctor before you visit and let them know you are interested in positive change.

My best wishes on your journey to renewal in Islam.

For anyone else in crisis call 911 even if it to say your angery and do not know what to do with your anger they might refer you to a counselor or take you some where for anger management!

A night in jail when your really mad is better than it being becuase you beat someone up. Prevention is the name of the game.

Anne Marie Elderkin Habibi
nadya

USA
Posted - Sunday, March 6, 2005  -  9:48 PM Reply with quote
Asalamu Alaykum
(peace be upon you)

I agree with you in the matter that children should be educated about abuse so that God-forbidding if someone tries to molest them they know what is happening and can ask for help. And that physical or emotional oppression and exploitation of children, women and men should be brought to an end through education so that people recognize their rights and by establishing justice in the society, so that when every crime is met with its appropriate punishment, that will become a deterrent to further crime.

However I would like to point out regarding your statements about sexual satisfaction, that sexual gratification between a man and a woman is only allowed within the bond of marriage in Islam and not outside it and homosexuality whether consensual by both partners or not, is not allowed in Islam but is considered a sinful act against the very nature of mankind. And about these points Islam is explicitly clear.

Lastly about the Chapter of the Quran, from which you have quoted, it is talking about the Day of Judgement which will physically occur one day when this world will come to an end and all those who have died will actually rise up again to face the court of the Almighty in which He will award rewards and punishments to the people according to their actions in this world. The Quran is very clear about stating this fact and it is stated at numerous occasions throughout the Quran:

-And they say: "What is there but our life in this world? We shall die and we live, and nothing but time can destroy us." But of that they have no knowledge: they merely conjecture:
-And when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them their argument is nothing but this: They say, "Bring (back) our forefathers, if what ye say is true!"
- Say: "It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you together for the Day of Judgment about which there is no doubt": But most men do not understand.
- To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and the Day that the Hour of Judgment is established,- that Day will the dealers in Falsehood perish!
- And thou wilt see every sect bowing the knee: Every sect will be called to its Record: "This Day shall ye be recompensed for all that ye did!
-"This Our Record speaks about you with truth: For We were wont to put on Record all that ye did."
-Then, as to those who believed and did righteous deeds, their Lord will admit them to His Mercy that will be the achievement for all to see.
-But as to those who rejected Allah, (to them will be said): "Were not Our Signs rehearsed to you? But ye were arrogant, and were a people given to sin!
-"And when it was said that the promise of Allah was true, and that the Hour- there was no doubt about its (coming), ye used to say, 'We know not what is the hour: we only think it is an idea, and we have no firm assurance.'"
-Then will appear to them the evil (fruits) of what they did, and they will be completely encircled by that which they used to mock at!
-It will also be said: "This Day We will forget you as ye forgot the meeting of this Day of yours! and your abode is the Fire, and no helpers have ye!
- "This, because ye used to take the Signs of Allah in jest, and the life of the world deceived you:" (From) that Day, therefore, they shall not be taken out thence, nor shall they be received into Grace.
(45:24-35)

This is one of the most fundamental beliefs of Islam upon which the whole moral and spiritual edifice of Islam rests. This is a belief about which there is no disagreement among the Muslims. The verses of the Quran which point to the Day of Jugdement cannot be interpreted to be talking about some situation presently occuring in this world.

Therefore:

-Namely, that no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another;
-That man can have nothing but what he strives for;
-That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight;
-Then will he be rewarded with a reward complete;
-That to thy Lord is the final Goal;
-That it is He who Granteth Laughter and Tears;
-That it is He who Granteth Death and Life;
-That He did create in pairs -- male and female.
-From a seed when lodged (in its place);
-That He hath promised a Second Creation (raising of the Dead)
-That it is He Who giveth wealth and satisfaction;
-That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);

(53:38-49)

What these verses are basically saying is that on the Day of Judgement when all mankind will be resurrected every man and woman will be held responsible for his/her own actions and will not bear the brunt of the sins or good deeds of others. Thus everyone will actually be awarded according to the actions for which he/she strives for in this world and thus the merit of that strife will become clear on that Day. And that God is the Creator and Lord of everything and everything happens with His decree. He is also the Lord and Creator of the brightest star in the sky. The words used in Arabic رَبُّ الشِّعْرَى indicate towards a specific star, the Sirius, which is the brightest star in the sky, situated in the constellation Canis Major. It was venerated by the Egyptians, and then later by the Arabs as something which had the power to flourish their harvest and trade. God here is exposing such beliefs to be false by saying that He is the one who provides us all with sustenance and satisfaction, He is the Lord of everything including the Sirus, so it is He to whom all veneration and subjugation is due, not to some bright object in the sky which has no power or will but which was created itself by God.

-And that it is He Who destroyed the (powerful) ancient 'Ad (people),
-And the Thamud, nor gave them a lease of perpetual life.
-And before them, the people of Noah, for that they were (all) Most unjust and most insolent transgressors.
-And He destroyed the Overthrown Cities (of Sodom and Gomorrah),
-So that (ruins unknown) have covered them up.
-Then which of the gifts of thy Lord, (O man,) wilt thou dispute about?
-This is a Warner, of the (series of) Warners of old!
-The (Judgment) ever approaching draws nigh:
-No (soul) but Allah can lay it bare.
-Do ye then wonder at this recital?
-And will ye laugh and not weep --
-Wasting your time in vanities?
-But fall ye down in prostration to Allah, and adore (Him)!
(53:50-62)

Here God talks about the nations who when presented with the clear message of God's through his prophets, rejected it and thus met with their doom as a result of their choice and action. He had the power to bring to account those nations and He has the power to hold to account all. And that this Quran is a warning for the coming Day of Judgement, when all will be held accountable, it warns about the coming of that Day as had the previous messengers of God, however none can disclose the hour of that Day except God but it approaching nearer so mankind should not waste its time in useless distracting amusements but go deeds that will actually count on that Day and worship, love and obey God.

Regards.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker