Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Hischam khan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Friday, January 7, 2005  -  5:31 PM Reply with quote
Prophecies of Muhammad (pbuh)

Let's discuss this. We could start with Deuteronomy 18:15-19, unless there is a better one to star with.
Tariq Hashmi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, January 11, 2005  -  7:22 AM Reply with quote
salams
Thank you Hischam for introducing this. I think you want to discuss Prophesies of the bible or the biblical literature regarding the Prophet Muhammad.
What do you think we have got here in the referred to text of the bible? It says:
The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die." The LORD said to me: "What they say is good. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. (Deut 18:15-9)
But i do not think such textual prophesies are of much importance. For it is you who have to interpret them. I have seen christian scholars finding a mention of Jesus in every second verse of the OT?
Should not the prophesy also travel with generation to generation among the people so there remains no chance of difference of opinion or interpretation.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker