Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Junaidj

CANADA
Topic initiated on Thursday, December 23, 2004  -  2:30 AM Reply with quote
Worshipping God

Invariably on the sites of educated clerics I note the suggestion that one must stay away from reading too much books and watching too much TV, for it leads one away from remembrance of God.

Fair enough! But I think it is called addiction, and I think a very minor segment of the population suffers with such compulsive disorders, so why do the clerics harp on it, each time they counsel someone. Perhaps they themselves have been guilty of it, or perhaps they fail to understand human psychology.

PS: Based on their reasoning one must not spend too much time in labs or work for it leads away from God. No wonder, Muslim nations have not progressed.
aslam

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, December 24, 2004  -  10:22 AM Reply with quote
Salams,
Too much preoccupation with books ,tv or any other thing like them do wean us off the worship of Allah,don,t they?
But it depends on what kind of books you read.
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Friday, December 24, 2004  -  5:39 PM Reply with quote
>>Too much preoccupation with books ,tv or any other thing like them do wean us off the worship of Allah,don,t they?

I have addressed this in the original post. Addiction is a trait found in a minor proportion.

>>But it depends on what kind of books you read.

Even reading religious texts to the point of ignoring Salah can be termed an addiction.

However, the point I am making is different.

Edited by: junaidj on Friday, December 24, 2004 6:34 PM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker