Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
aslam

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Saturday, December 18, 2004  -  8:39 AM Reply with quote
Teachers and Islamic Renaissance

Salams,
What role can teachers play in bringing about Islamic renaissance?
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 24, 2004  -  1:26 AM Reply with quote
w'assalaam Dear Aslam(a respected professional teacher and a member of our Connecting Humanity/Communities Project)

A very important issue indeed for very imp. class i.e. teachers and students and I feel all of us fall in these categories one way or the other.

I suggested to write to the professional teachers as well for their opinion and may be to students;

however I think teachers obviously play, not only "can" a very basic role in the above .
I would like to give the example of the Muallim/the Teacher(the beloved Muhammad sws/peace and blessings be upon him) first.

He actually brought this Renaissance.All teachers could follow this shining example to bring the Truth, the Message of the most righteous way of life to the humanity.

But for that one must be as sincere and as loving to mankind as the beloved sws was; with pure intention of bringing betterment to them; having true pain in his heart for the wondering people for Light.

I can never forget my Anatomy teacher in the Medical School who did not miss any opportunity to talk about the Creator when she discussed head and neck, uper limb, lower limb, abdomen and thorax, etc.

This really made us feel so close to our Lord when we dissected human hearts and brains.

Similarly when our teachers teach any subject e.g. Geography;instead of limiting the info e.g. to that 3 parts of the earth are made up of water and one of land; they could add a verse or two from the revelations making this connection b/w the Creator and the Creation in the minds of their students;

these sort of efforts shall surely cut down the materialstic trend growing.

regards

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker