Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Topic initiated on Monday, November 22, 2004  -  8:42 AM Reply with quote
Request About Durood

Asslamu Alaykum,

I think we all know tha importance of the Durood. This is commonly believed that everytime one listen the name of the Prophet (sws) must recite the Durood. Normally people recite the following Durood :

Salallahu Alaehi Waalihi Wasallam.

While translating it into English, we recite it as "Peace be upon him"

I believe that this translation is incomplete and we skip the word "Waalihi" in this English version.

Also, now a days its common practice that people don't recite this complete Durood even if they recite in Arabic, they usually skip the "Waalihi" part.

This is my humble request to all Muslim brothers and sisters that try to recite the complete Durood whenever they want to. I believe to send blessings on the family of the Prophet (sws) is also required and we should not avoid it.

Waslaam.
zest

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 22, 2004  -  6:03 PM Reply with quote
salams
You have pointed out a very important thing.
By the way does not saying peace be upon him fulfil the Qur'anic directive in this regard. After all the Qur'an does not give a specific dua like sallallahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sallam. What does aal mean in the durood. Does it refer to the followers or the descendents or family???? please explain.
atifrafi

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 23, 2004  -  7:48 AM Reply with quote
Salaam and thanks for the reply,

According to my limited knowledge, the word "Aal" refers to the child / family and the phrase "Peace be upon him" does not include it.

Just for an example, Normally we read the following Durood in our prayers :

This also includes the word Aal. If we can say it in our prayers then why not in normal time.

I hope i have cleared my point.
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Friday, November 26, 2004  -  1:00 AM Reply with quote
Assalaamu’alaikum,

Regarding Darud Sharif, the Quranic verse (33-Ahzab, 56) is not only for us but God Himself and His angels too, Subhan-Allah. We can imagine the reward.

In Quran no word for the “Aal” is used but in Ahadith.

As I am unable to write Daud Sharif in Arabic at this site, I repeat as written by brother Mr.Atifrafi.

May Allah help and forgive us, Aameen!
haqqani

PAKISTAN
Posted - Saturday, November 27, 2004  -  1:22 PM Reply with quote
Is it really very important to say durood ? Any proof from the Quran ?
surgeonakhlaq

PAKISTAN
Posted - Monday, November 29, 2004  -  8:45 PM Reply with quote
For importance of “DUROOD” the reference of Holy Quran is quoted above. Please read yourself. It is very clear to understand.

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker