Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
Junaidj

CANADA
Topic initiated on Friday, November 12, 2004  -  1:44 AM Reply with quote
De-sexualization?

If you tie the string too tight it will break – Gautama Siddharta Buddha

How true for the Lands of Islam! When the clerics themselves are busy leading a hypocritical life, how can they expect others to follow immaculate standards they have set?

Standards so high, that the likes of their own ideals will fail to meet them. Ibn Sina (dies due excessive wine and sex) and Maulana Rumi (poetry on erotica and bestiality) stand out as two of the glaring examples.

Observe what happened in Iran when Khomeini tried to tighten the moral noose. And through the following links observe that the top questions accessed on Islamic websites pertain mostly to sexual affairs.

http://www.studying-islam.org/top.aspx?type=question

http://www.studying-islam.org/last.aspx?type=question

http://www.understanding-islam.org/related/mostaccessed.asp?
type=question

Conclusion: The Mullah has led exactly to what he had opposed. Paradoxical is the nature of things!

TAILPIECE:

Having spent a portion of my life around clerics, I have become quite disillusioned and cynical of everything that comes my way by tradition. I have stopped reading the Hadith for many baseless traditions destroy one's perception of Islam as a rational faith. Take for instance the following.

Did Khalifa Umar flog his son to death for drinking. i.e., 40 lashes that led to his death and the other 40 were administered on the dead body?

ANSWER: This is an unfounded and baseless incident

Conclusion: I am through with unfounded and baseless traditions.
thinking

USA
Posted - Saturday, November 13, 2004  -  8:15 AM Reply with quote
Then don't read baseless traditions. If you want to search for the truth, search in the Sunan, the collections of widely accepted authentic traditions.

Just my tuppence. You sound frustrated.

Edited by: junaidj on Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:48 AM
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Saturday, November 13, 2004  -  8:51 AM Reply with quote
>>Then don't read baseless traditions. If you want to search for the truth, search in the Sunan, the collections of widely accepted authentic traditions.

When was the last time you flipped through Sahih Bukhari? You never found anything contradictory to the Koran in it? Why do you suppose Moiz Amjad is critiquing several hadith generally accepted by Muslim scholars?

PS: Just out of sheer curiosity. From among my five odd topics, you had to respond to this. Whereas, I thought the real issue lay in that child abuse case.

What can I say? The very mention of sex sells.

NB: I am new to moderating here and consistently end up editing as opposed to pressing the reply button. My apologies if I have erased a portion of your reply.

Edited by: junaidj on Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:56 AM
thinking

USA
Posted - Saturday, November 13, 2004  -  9:30 AM Reply with quote
Wow. All I'll say is that I just randomly clicked on a couple of your threads and happened to reply to this. I wasn't aware you had five topics.
As for the child abuse. Of course it's absolutely condemnable. And it's just too bad that today the kind of people who've been labeled as representing Islam indulge in such crime.
thinking

USA
Posted - Saturday, November 13, 2004  -  9:49 AM Reply with quote
I wonder who decides the noteworthiness of Moiz Amjad's criticisms. I wonder if for 14 centuries people have really been doing nothing more than fooling about with traditions and deriving laws based on whims and fantasies.
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Sunday, November 14, 2004  -  5:49 AM Reply with quote
>>I wonder who decides the noteworthiness of Moiz Amjad's criticisms.

Critical evaluation :)

>>I wonder if for 14 centuries people have really been doing nothing more than fooling about with traditions and deriving laws based on whims and fantasies.

They were human and have made mistakes. Let us not treat them as perfect, that is all what I am trying to say. Sometimes their errors are so eggregious, that even Hadith from the Sunan sound quite apocryphal.

This applies to translation of Koran as well.

See any conventional Koran, see translations by Shakir, Pickthall, and Yusuf Ali. All three renditions lead to a contradiction in the Koran.

SMALL EXAMPLE
Verse 4:12 of the Qur’an accords brothers and sisters, a share of one-sixth from the inheritance of the deceased. Verse 4:176, however, offers a brother twice as much as the sister is offered:

The above error is not present in Ghamadi/ Moiz translation of the verses.

And this is just one example.

Edited by: junaidj on Sunday, November 14, 2004 5:49 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker