Get password? Username Password

Page 1 of 1

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly 

AuthorTopic
hkhan

UNITED KINGDOM
Topic initiated on Monday, November 8, 2004  -  1:17 PM Reply with quote
LUCKY U!

In a message dated 06/11/2004 22:59:06 GMT Standard Time, -------------@yahoo.com writes:
To: hkhan135@aol.com
Sub: just a query

Hi,
Happened to visit your website. Have a query for you.

Have you ever imagined being born in some other faith.

Would you still be following what you are following today.
Would appreciate your reply.

W.K
ibrahim

PAKISTAN
Posted - Tuesday, November 9, 2004  -  9:27 AM Reply with quote
Interestingly me too have recieved this question in my mail. Now I'll too wait for some expert to give its answer.
nadya

USA
Posted - Wednesday, November 24, 2004  -  8:49 AM Reply with quote
I think this is simply a question regarding personal experience and perspective which only individuals can answer for themselves.
KausarQ

UNITED KINGDOM
Posted - Friday, December 31, 2004  -  5:53 PM Reply with quote
hmm, i only speak for myself, as i think if i had been raised a christian that most likely i would be a christian rather than a muslim, as that is the way u have been brought up and u know about that religion. i hope i got my message across
Junaidj

CANADA
Posted - Monday, January 3, 2005  -  1:14 AM Reply with quote
I agree with Sister Kausar.

Given the rampant violation of human dignity and values in Muslim countries, and given all the suicide bombing madness spree, and given that I been born in some other faith, I would perhaps have espoused a blend of liberal humanism and God.

A blend because 'death' would bind me to believe in God, and liberal humanism would be more in accordance with my reason and thought process.

And not just because of how the law is practiced in Muslim countries, I have (despite extensive readings), severe problems, even as of now with women rights, polygamy, law of inheritance, the traditional translations of the Koran, harsh punishments, and what not.

Edited by: junaidj on Monday, January 03, 2005 8:06 AM

Reply to Topic    Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Page 1 of 1

Share |

Copyright Studying-Islam © 2003-7  | Privacy Policy  | Code of Conduct  | An Affiliate of Al-Mawrid Institute of Islamic Sciences ®

eXTReMe Tracker